Windows 7 Problem

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

ClicK

Windows 7 Problem

Post by ClicK »

Hello, i have a portable version of catia v5 r20, but yesterday i formatted my pc and installed windows 7 32 bits, and now when i try to open it, shows me 3 mensages. Before this i was running windows xp and worked perfectly. If someone knows how to fix it, thank you. (Sorry but English is not my primary language).

Fred

Re: Windows 7 Problem

Post by Fred »

You should only post the first error message.
The others errors are usually casued by the first one.
Im not familiar with the other 2 error messages that is another manufacturers software.

The second one in your list if it was the first error that popped up then you need to create a firewall exception rule.

Catia Firewall Exception

Catia recognizes a USB device as a network connection.This FAQ describes the firewall exception needed http://www.3dconnexion.com/faq/4

Typically on a network an IT tech is needed to add a firewall exception. To add an exception for the Catia executable - CNEXT.EXE - the IT tech needs to determine where on your system CNEXT.exe is located. Common paths for CNEXT.exe are C:|Program Files|Dassault Systemes|B17|intel_a|code|bin|CNEXT.exe

C:|Program Files|Dassault Systemes|B17SP5PRALL|intel_a|code|bin|CNEXT.exe"

C:|Program Files|Dassault Systemes|B19|win_b64|code|bin|CNEXT.exe

To add a firewall exception for the 3Dconnexion software, add the path for 3dxsrv.exe [C:|Program Files|3Dconnexion|3Dconnexion 3DxSoftware|3DxWare|3dxsrv.exe] On a 64-bit system the 3DxWare folder is 3DxWare64.
ClicK

Post by ClicK »

It didn't work. I tried to disable firewall and antivirus and it didn't work too. I tested my portable version in a windows 7 64 bit and it worked perfectly, maybe in a 32 bit version it can't work? Thanks for your help.
ClicK

Post by ClicK »

What kind of program catia need?? Like .net framework and stuffs like that? Thanks.
Fred

Post by Fred »

You would have to check with Catia for that answer.
ClicK

Post by ClicK »

Hello, i installed sql server 2008 and now its working perfectly. Thanks.