Emulate/Reproduce 3D Connexion SpaceNavigator signal

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

simon.roosens

Emulate/Reproduce 3D Connexion SpaceNavigator signal

Post by simon.roosens »

Hi everyone,

I'm searching a way to re-create events produced by a 3D Connexion's movements. To resume, i have an app (a simulator) wich for i only have an user access( no source code, ..) only the .exe. I have to make a remote control of this simulator on a tablet. I'm doing it well to capture events buttons etc but this simulator app has a screen (6totals so just 1/6) where the map is displayed in 3D and i can only control it with the SpaceNavigator. I don't know how could i capture the movements as i can put them on an emulate gamepad in the remote control. I have a server app on the simulator computer and a client on the tablet, sending buttons_id s (TCP ->socket) to the server who execute the right event.

I searched for ways to do that and i found some things:

- if i trap the RAWINPUT data and put it in a SendMessage() ? (obviously that method would be on the simulator computer.)
- having the SpaceNavigator methods , put in a dll and call them?(maybe can i find that on the sdk?)

I have to work on the windows side because i have no access to the simulator source code, i already be able to reproduce a leftclickbutton but that's all ( by mouse_event() ) . I searched on the forum and found 2 topics on this subject but one has no result and the other, nobody replied..

here : https://www.it.3dconnexion.eu/forum/vie ... 914b083f92
and here : https://www.it.3dconnexion.eu/forum/vie ... 914b083f92

Thanks a lot for reading and maybe you have a solution?

sorry for my bad english!

Simon ROOSENS
RobFR

Re: Emulate/Reproduce 3D Connexion SpaceNavigator signal

Post by RobFR »

Hi Simon,

Do you find a solution to do that ?
Can you post it ? Even if nobody answered, I'm quite interested and may be other are too.