SpaceMouse Pro Not Recognized (Malfunctioning?)

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Barros

SpaceMouse Pro Not Recognized (Malfunctioning?)

Post by Barros »

For no apparent reason my SpaceMouse Pro is not being recognized by Windows (try in both windows 7 and 8 on 2 difference machines). Connecting using a HUB, directly in the motherboard's USB ports, even tried on a Macbook Air (OSX), but no luck...

It displays the error below:

I while search on the forums, I saw some posts about users successfully bring their Space Navigators back to life by pressing both buttons on the 3d Mouse to reset it, but I didn't found any info about the SpaceMouse Pro.

I've emailed support yesterday, but I didn't get a reply, so I decided to register here to see if I might get some help solving this.

Thanks!
Regards
Luis Barros

www.outopias.com
Fred

Re: SpaceMouse Pro Not Recognized (Malfunctioning?)

Post by Fred »

On the SpaceMouse Pro Unplug the device, Hold down 1,2 while holding down the buttons plug in the unit continue to hold for 15 seconds or if you hear the windows sound for found new hardware whichever comes first.
Release the buttons. The new driver is always running so it should auto detect the device.
You can check using Alt, ctrl, del click on task manager, and look under processes for 3DxService.exe
If that is not listed go to Start, All Programs, 3Dconnexion Driver start driver.
See if the device is working in our demos.
Start, All Programs, 3Dconnexion, Demos click on the jet demo and see if you have motion.

If not call the Helpdesk.
If your device is under warranty it can be replaced.

When you filled out the Webform did you choose Technical Support in the dropdown list?
Or did you click on "Link to our support form >>>" .
Barros

Post by Barros »

Fred wrote: When you filled out the Webform did you choose Technical Support in the dropdown list?
Or did you click on "Link to our support form >>>" .
I chose Technical Support.

I'm going to try your tips and see if I Can get anywhere with it.

Thanks.
Regards
Luis Barros

www.outopias.com
Barros

Post by Barros »

I just tried connecting while pressing the buttons and nothing happens when I do it, the led doesn't turn nor windows recognizes it. It's like it was never connected to begin with it...
Regards
Luis Barros

www.outopias.com
Barros

Post by Barros »

An updated:

Just called support, from what I've gathered since I don't have an invoice (I bought through ebay in December 2012), I'm out luck it seems. I´m just wondering why there isn't even an option to get it fixed out of warranty... It's not like it is a cheap piece of hardware... :(

Anyway, this sucks. I guess I´m out of luck...

Fred, thanks for the help. Really appreciate it.
Regards
Luis Barros

www.outopias.com
Fred

Post by Fred »

Send me a Private email with the PID# off the device. I want to verify the device is out of warranty.

3Dconnexion does not have a repair center we replace the device if its in warranty.
Barros

Post by Barros »

PM sent!
Regards
Luis Barros

www.outopias.com
Fred

Post by Fred »

Whomever you spoke with they were incorrect in telling you the device was out of warranty.
It was manufactured in 2012, this means the warranty is good until 2015.
Contact Tech Support again and let them know the device is under warranty.
If need be send them the link to the Forum Ill post this info there as well.

Fred
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Barros,

please note that devices bought from ebay do only have a valid warranty if you have an invoice from a hardware reseller and not from a private auction. The device you have could have been broken and therefore was sold on ebay unjustifiably.

I have approved your RMA request by courtesy. The device will be replaced. You will receive the necessary information via email.
Barros

Post by Barros »

I am very happy for this outcome.

While I did buy it through ebay. the device came new and still in the plastic. I've used it extensively for the last 18 months (I working mostly in MODO), so it wasn't broken when I bought. It's not cause that I bought it broken on a risky deal, and now I´m trying to make it worth it.

I just prefer to tell the truth, I could have lied and say that I'd lost the invoice for example...

Anyway, just arguing that this kind of policy shouldn't be black and white... but I know you guys don't make the rules, and I don't expect you to bend them just because a guy in Portugal main not agree with them.

At the end of the day I´m just thankful for the outcome, and I will make sure that in the future I will be more conscious when buying stuff through ebay regarding warranties.

You guys are rock stars ;)
Regards
Luis Barros

www.outopias.com