Telephone tech support

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

dennisqdw

Telephone tech support

Post by dennisqdw »

All I can say is that since 3dconnexion was bought out by logitech the quality of tech support has plummeted to be entirely useless. I called regarding the problem I'm having (that has been discussed in the user forum) regarding the current driver that won't work with 3ds max 64 bit, even though the older driver does work. So after the tech guy "explains" to me that I don't really understand the way drivers work -that it's up to 3ds max software writers to fix the problem, he "escalates" my request for information, and calls me back the next day to ask whether or not I did a "complete" install, completely ignoring the fact that I had told him that the previous driver worked but the newest one doesn't. If this is an indication of the future of these great products, then it's a good thing that the price is dropping so that people can throw them away when they stop working.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi dennisqdw,

We're sorry to hear that. Could you please let us know what number you called and when?
Nuno Gomes
ngomes

Re: Telephone tech support

Post by ngomes »

dennisqdw wrote:I called regarding the problem I'm having (that has been discussed in the user forum) regarding the current driver that won't work with 3ds max 64 bit, even though the older driver does work.
What issue exactly are you referring to? Is it this topic.
dennisqdw

Post by dennisqdw »

the number I called is NORTH AMERICAN Technical Support
Helpdesk: 1-800-344-****, and I first called on Monday morning. I can tell you who I have been speaking with, but you probably don't want me to do it publicly.

Actually the topic I'm referring to is: viewtopic.php?t=968

thanx for the help. --ds

-- Edit [ngomes]
Hide the last four digits of the phone number.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi dennisqdw,

We will follow it up and let you know what comes up.

I edited your previous post to hide the last four digits of the phone number to ensure Forum users always find the correct contacts (available here).
Actually the topic I'm referring to is: viewtopic.php?t=968
That topic is believed to be about the same issue as the one I linked to above (issue 4445).