SketchUp feature requst

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

David Boulder

Mac only feature

Post by David Boulder »

Oh, that's right. I always forget windows still can't have two documents open at the same time in SketchUp (short of launching two copies of SketchUp).

On mac SketchUp you have always been able to open as many documents as you like at the same time. Which os often very useful. For example I may want sample materials or grab furniture from a previous model. So I can open the old model while keeping the new one open as well.

I can see how if this was designed for windows and then for mac how multiple documents wouldn't have been addressed. Only way it would work is if somehow the model itself is tagged with the location for center of rotation, vs. just being set by the application.
ngomes

Re: Mac only feature

Post by ngomes »

David Boulder wrote:windows still can't have two documents open at the same time in SketchUp
That explains my own confusion, yes. Still, it is clearly a bug that requires fixing. For your reference, this issue has been logged with number 4505.
Thanks for bringing it to our attention.