LCD only shows SpacePilot launch logo

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

idrivea911

LCD only shows SpacePilot launch logo

Post by idrivea911 »

I'm trying to set up my new SpacePilot Pro at a new job. On my last machine, the LCD would show a list of programs that I could launch (Outlook mail, calendar, SolidWorks, RSS feeds). And then when I was in a program, the LCD would show the mapping of the 1-10 buttons.

On my new machine, the LCD only shows the SpacePilot Pro logo, and it never changes. None of the buttons around the screen do anything (arrows, settings). I can still map 1-10 buttons in every program and they all work, but I have no screen functionality. Please help.

Machine specs:
LCD Manager Software Version 3.06.109 08/03/2010;
3DxWare 10 version 10.4.6;
3DxWinCore Version 17.4.6.13336;
Device SpacePilot PRO (FW 4.11)
Windows 7 Enterprise, SP1;
SolidWorks 2015 SP 4.0
MS Office/Outlook 2013
Barbara

Re: LCD only shows SpacePilot launch logo

Post by Barbara »

Hello idrivea911 -

Having just the logo on the LCD means that the Logitech Device Manager is not running.

Open the Logitech Device Manager either from the System Tray icon or the Start Menu and open the 'Programs' section. There are 2 columns that need boxes checked 'Enable' and '3Dconnexion Space Pilot PRO'. You may need to scroll over to see the second column. Each of the applets you want to use like 'SolidWorks' and 'Function Keys' should have check marks in both columns.

With the applets enabled you should see the full LCD display.
------------
Barbara
idrivea911

Post by idrivea911 »

Thanks, a reinstall seems to have fixed the issue. Separately, does the SpacePilot Pro support Outlook 2013? It doesn't show up in the list of LCD Manager programs, and doesn't show up on the LCD. All I have is Function, SolidWorks, RSS, Pictures.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi idrivea911,

our latest driver doesn't support MSOffice in the SPP's LCD. We have removed this as there were too many complaints about incompatibility.
idrivea911

Post by idrivea911 »

UtaSH wrote:Hi idrivea911, our latest driver doesn't support MSOffice in the SPP's LCD. We have removed this as there were too many complaints about incompatibility.
Is there a plan to add this back in at some point? It's kind of why I dropped the extra cash for this over the standard space mouse.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

As I said ... there were too many complaints. No plans to add this feature in the near future. Sorry.

The last driver that supported Office in the LCD applets for the SpacePilot Pro was 3DxWare 10.3.0. You can still find it in our archive. But if you are using a recent version of SOLIDWORKSthen you need the latest version of our driver.
svenh

Post by svenh »

Hi!
I have the problem that only my CAD Software is listed on the display of my Spacepilot Pro. I'm missing the "program" for the function keys and for RSS feeds etc.
I've installed the latest driver 10.4.9 and 3DxWinCore version is 17.4.9.13785. Version of LCD manager is 3.06.109

As I tested this at my home's pc, other programs were available.

How can this be solved?

BR
SvenH
Mrfus

Post by Mrfus »

Sorry for bumping on this thread but I'm lost...

I got a SpacePilot Pro and I'm having the same problem... the LCD only shows RSSFeeds and the picture viewer, If run Fusion360 all of the buttons and functions work as expected, but I was under the impression that the LCD will provide some feedback on the software, I'm not sure exactly what but something!!

I'm not sure if there is some other software that need to be installed beyond 3dxWare, I can see on the tray the Logitech LCD manager running and the SpacepilotPro app modifying the button configuration based on the app being run.

Any help understanding what should be done will be appreciated!!
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Mrfus,

the "Function Keys", "RSS Feeds" and the "Picture Viewer" is what you usually see in the SpacePilot Pro's LCD. Information about the currently loaded file is available only with some of the bigger applications like SOLIDWORKS, Inventor, NX, et al.
NikkoLTD

Post by NikkoLTD »

OUTLOOK SOLVED:
To get MS Outlook to show up in the LCD of the SpacePilot Pro, do the following:
You can have the latest 3Dxware installed, and you should. This install was done with 3DxWare version 10.5.4 installed on my machine.
So Outlook was abandoned with ver 10.4.2. You then have to get drivers from 10.3.0, but you don't want to have to
sacrifice the latest drivers for all other important applications.
After downloading 3DxWare ver 10.3.0 from 3dconnexion website (I downloaded 64-bit for my case).
You have to have 7-Zip to do the following
So, using 7-Zip, what I did was open "3DxWare64_v10-3-0_r2161.exe" and you'll see the only file there is 3DxWare64.exe.
Save that 3DxWare64.exe in some folder of your choice. Still using 7-zip, now open that new 3DxWare64.exe file you just saved and you'll see a folder. Go in there, go to components64 (or 32 depending on which ver you downloaded), and then you'll see a folder 3DxLCDApplets; go in and you'll see a file called 3DxLcdApplets64.msi. Extract that 3DxLcdApplets64.msi file to a folder of your pick.
Before installing:
STOP the 3Dconnexion driver so that your SPP turns off; mine was found under windows Start menu and 3Dconnexion folder. That way the application will be free and not in use. Your SPP should turn off if done right.
Now you can proceed to double-click the 3DxLcdApplets64.msi file to install just these drivers. Go through the prompts. Everything should
install fine. Once it's successfully installed, START the 3Dconnexion driver. Let your SPP boot up. If everything went well, you will now
have the LCD apps show up on the SPP, with Outlook mail, calendar, and tasks! as well as the default function keys, RSS, and pic viewer apps.
I have Outlook 2007 currently on my machine, and everything was synced into the SPP without any further meddling.
German_ti

Post by German_ti »

Thank you very much!
It is a shame that the company does not extend the functionality but on the contrary, reduces it.
Calendar, reassigning the motion of the manipulator for 2D applications ...
This feeling that we were deceived.
It's strange that drivers are still coming out ... Although, they also need to sell new versions of manipulators!