whole Adobe suite programs

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Do you think adding more and more support for Adobe products would be useful to you!?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:50 pm

Yes. I work A LOT with Adobe products.
56%
Yes. I use at least one Adobe product every day.
6%
Maybe. Sometimes I use them.
6%
Not necessary. I use them only rarely.
No votes
No. 3dconnexion must concentrate on more useful applications.
31%

Total votes: 16

diego

whole Adobe suite programs

Post by diego »

Very often my workflow implies going back and forth bewteen many applications, I think 3Dconnexion products could be useful also if some other programs could be supported

PHOTOSHOP: supported, I know. But more powerful.

Premiere Pro: for zooming and scrubbing timeline.

After effects: for zooming and scrubbing timeline, zooming and rotating
viewport, since AF has a very good 3D mode.

Illustrator: for zooming and changing brush size, ala photoshop.

Flash: for zooming and scrubbing timeline and changing brush size.

and so on, for every application that have a timline or a zooming tool..

What do you think about this?
Thank you.

Diego
Last edited by diego on Fri May 25, 2007 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
SmallSeed

Post by SmallSeed »

I agree with you Diego. I also use InDesign and it would be very useful to me if I could use Navigator to zoom and pan in large documents. Navigator is wonderful in 2D apps, those who use it in Photoshop know how fast the workflow gets when using it.
johnnyconnexion

So agree with you -- support all adobe suite

Post by johnnyconnexion »

Just like the 3Dconnexion company clamed “Save time and resources by streamlining your workflow. Maximize your efficiency by going from an interrupt driven workflow, utilizing only one hand to an integrated process using both hands. Studies show that using both hands will optimize your productivity by 30%.”
That happens on 3D design as well as on 2D.

I believed most designer work with 3D and 2D software at the same project and the same time. And that means now we may got our SpaceNavigators as an elegant, blue LED illuminated, very expensive paperweight for half the time.

Since Adobe owned most of the most professional and popular 2D graphic and media software. I suggest that 3D Connexion and Adobe should try harder and together on support the full Adobe software work with SpaceNavigator and other 3D Connexion products.

Plug-in for PhotoShop is a very good step.
But I think especially 2D vector software (Illustrator, Indesign, …) work for larger format of artwork in most cases, and that need the navigation even more. Like previous requests from Makega and other users maked. Looking forward to the plug-in for Illustrator and Indesign… could be released sooner.

At last, where can I vote? I think we should keep the vote going.
buba447

Post by buba447 »

I currently own a Space Navigator. I also teach a compositing class. In my class we frequently use adobe photoshop and adobe after effects. I think the space navigator could become an invaluable tool for after effects. If the software would support it, i would quickly buy one for every station in my class.
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

Hi buba447:

I agree that Adobe AfterEffects would be a good application for the SpaceNavigator, and your are not alone in your request. Unfortunately, the API for After Effects does not allow us to support AE ourselves. We are hopeful that we might be able to get Adobe to help us sometime in the future. In the meantime, making requests also to Adobe or any other vendor of software in which you would like to see 3Dconnexion supported is always helpful.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
jporter313

Post by jporter313 »

Why did Adobe add Photoshop support before After Effects, this seems like a really boneheaded move to me. Can anyone explain this?
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

Hi jporter:

We worked in cooperation with Adobe for the solutions for Photoshop and Acrobat. Each application has its own group within, and we are hopeful that in the future the AE group will work with us as well. It would be great if people interested in AE would let Adobe know of this interest.

Regards,

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
jporter313

Post by jporter313 »

Just got one of these at home. It's great for Maya, I'd love to see it in After Effects, as well as Combustion and Toxik from Autodesk. I'll send Adobe and Autodesk some requests and have my team do the same.

If After Effects support gets implemented, I'll be buying one of these for Each of the motion graphics guys I work with.
bit

Post by bit »

Just the support for Jog and ****** in Adobe Premiere would be excellent. Last year I took a class in Media Arts and having a jog/****** wheel physically in place of a bar on screen would have been greatly helpful. Even if the support is nothing more than the rotating of the Knob, I as well as many of my peers, would purchase one of these each. My office alone uses 6 editing computers which double as modelling computers, so having one SpaceNavigator instead of two different jog wheels would be great.

The potential of this device is magnificent, I would just like to see its uses tapped for 2D performance as well.
Subw00er

Post by Subw00er »

Yes, I use many adobe products. I thought your software would have supported Illustrator. I'm disappointed it doesnt! I am using the Explorer, but have purchased several of your devices, including the pilot.
voodooman

Post by voodooman »

I can't seem to vote but I would like to see all Adobe software supported, I use adobe software every day. After Effects is at the top of my list of apps that I would like to see support for.
thorlak

Post by thorlak »

Hi guys.

Do you know if SpaceNavigator has some basic video editing support? With this I mean just skip forward/backward while steering the "wheel".

I would really like to know if it can be used with Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0 :)
Subw00er

Post by Subw00er »

Where is 3dConnexion's reply on this topic?
Gordon Thrompit

Post by Gordon Thrompit »

I agree on all the functions listed in the first post. I definitely want my navigator for Flash and Illustrator especially.

I work with a tablet on my right hand and my navigator on my left for Photoshop, and I would really, REALLY like to do the same for those two programs. It'd make life much easier!

Full CS3 compatibility would sell a LOT of Space Navigators! 3dconnexion, please help us out!
HerbyGunther

Post by HerbyGunther »

Yes, please support the whole CS suite!! SpaceNavigator (and other SpaceXXX) has potential to become an industry standard like the Wacom if it support a broader range of apps!!