simple keyboard macro

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

jpme

simple keyboard macro

Post by jpme »

Hi,

anyone know how can I set simple keyboard macro like left/ right mouse click and arrow keys like up/down/left/right ?
Barbara

Re: simple keyboard macro

Post by Barbara »

Hello jpme -

Mouse clicks and arrow keys are pre-defined items in 3Dconnexion Properties - Buttons. Click the right-arrow next at the end of the field for each button for the drop-menu. For mouse clicks choose the category 2DMouse , for arrows choose Keyboard. The is also a section for macros if you want a key combination.

The button categories are the same in all of the 3DxWare versions. If you are using the much older 3DxSoftware instead you would need to uninstall it and install the current 3DxWare version from the downloads page.
-----------
Barbara
ScotchBingington

Post by ScotchBingington »

Barbara -

Is there any way to use the pan left or right functionality to a keyboard button like a 'A', 'F1', 'TAB' or otherwise in the xml files or anything? I'm not interested in the side buttons...

Thanks!
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello ScotchBingington -

Mapping a keyboard button to an axis direction can be done in the XML profile.

The default profiles are located in C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore64\Cfg and custom profiles [changes made from the GUI] are saved in your APPDATA path.

Jwick showed an example here of mapping a key and a modifier to an axis direction.
------------------
Barbara
ScotchBingington

So I got a hold of the WASD template, do I put that in the %AppData% directory or C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore64\Cfg folder? As far as code modifications all I changed was putting the <ExecutableName>EXPLORER.EXE</ExecutableName> but the script must not be running or something because the spacemouse doesn't type WASD anywhere. Am I missing something? I apologize for seeming so lost, it's just not clicking in my head.

In summation I'd like to have WASD and DOWN in explorer as simple keystrokes so I can set the shortcuts in whatever software. That way there's no need to create a new script file for every application. It just seems easier that way. If I can get this running I might be able to play games again! I'm super excited!

Thanks!
ScotchBingington

I got it working in a text document! That took waaayyyy more work than it needed to. I've worked on software interfaces and why this isn't a default attribute under options is a bit strange...whatever.

Now I have a separate question, in terms of the sensitivity how do you change the sensitivities so it barely has to be touched to register the keystrokes? When using the Demo or Viewer program it just barely has to be nudged to start moving the viewport/camera, how can i do that in the script? My hands are incredibly week but I could get it to move, it just needs to be sensitive enough to register a breath basically.

I'm cross-posting this because I really want to get started using this and another person was trying to help too!

Thank you so much!
ScotchBingington

It's <Deadband> and since it's sensitive I can totally play games again! Hurray!

Looks like I'll probably make a profile for whatever game I'm playing unless... is there a way to make a universal script that runs these custom controls consistently regardless of software? It would be better than creating a profile for every little application or game I run into.

Also what are the <Key> numbers for control, shift and alt. Is there a dictionary anywhere?

Thanks again!
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello ScotchBingington -

The standards organization W3C has a nice interactive display of keycodes.

Custom profiles are saved in your %APPDATA% path and default profiles are in C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore64\Cfg. Once you have created the results you want you can rename | replace default profiles with your version.
-------------
Barbara