[XSI] Space pilot some troubles

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Makomako

Post by Makomako »

Hello. I use the space pilot for animation on XSI.

It seems that when the autokey is activated, if I move the User camera with the joystick, XSI remembers these moves as if I moved a camera and put a key on it. But the user cam has no key and the animation cannot be removed. Moreover I cant use anymore the standard view moving shortcut.
The only way to animate with the space pilot I found until now is working without the autokey.

Second trouble. I can't navigate in the Animation editor with the joystick. It would be nice if it was possible. Does anybody knoes how to do?

Third. Will it be possible in the future to assign shortcuts to the space pilot keys?
Like key 1 : SHIFT+A
Key 2 : SHIHT + B

etc

Thanks a lot.

Matthieu
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Makomako,

Could you describe a scenario in order to could reproduce your problem with the camera?

Second trouble: The SpacePilot is a 3D navigation device and the Animation Editor is a 2D view. And the 2D views couldn't be handled with 3D functions.

Third. Open the button mapping editor and under Command categories you will have a category "Customization". You could define own functions (with own keystrokes in XSI) which you could map on the keys of the SpacePilot.
Last edited by agoenczi on Tue May 22, 2007 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
agoenczi
Makomako

Post by Makomako »

Hi and thanks for your answer.

About the weird camera thing

When I open a new scene. under the User camera, if the autokey is on, the moves I do with the space pilot are saved like a camera animation (pan, zoom rotate etc)
and I don't know where to delete these keys.
Moreover, the keyboard + mouse navigation ( s+mouse) doesn't work anymore.

For the second thing, it's sad but I understand. It would have been awesome to have the same moving control as Photoshop

And for the third, I'll try.
Thanks a lot
agoenczi
User
User

XSI

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Makomako

I tried to reproduce in the following way using XSI 6.0 and a SpacePilot with 3DxSoftware v3.3.2 (currently available for download):

1. Opened a new scene
2. Set the "Auto" option for keys
3. Created a sphere and changed some parameters
4. Navigated

Under the menupoint "edit" I had only operations referring to the parameter changes about the created sphere.

Did I miss something?
agoenczi
Makomako

Post by Makomako »

I'm on XSI 5.1 here at the studio.
and I don't have any "space pilot" operations under the edit menu, I can't find the keys but they on the dopesheet or on the animation editor. I'll try to gat the latests drivers to see if it's better.
Thanks a lot