Blender Win10 Spacemouse Enterprise

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Lanceman

Blender Win10 Spacemouse Enterprise

Post by Lanceman »

Having trouble using the cad mouse on my Dell laptop, the cadmouse will not select as a mouse should, the touchpad does work just fine. I shut the touchpad off and to no avail. The cad mouse still rotates the part instead of selecting the vertice in edit mode using the RMB.

Any suggestions?
UtaSH

Re: Blender Win10 Spacemouse Enterprise

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Lanceman,

I assume you have a 3Dconnexion CadMouse plus the SpaceMouse Enterprise connected? Did you install the driver from our website -3DxWare 10.4.10?

Have you tried if you get a different functionality if you stop the driver? I do not see any difference when I right-click with the CadMouse or another standard mouse - it always moves the object with the cursor.
Lanceman

Post by Lanceman »

Yes, I have installed the driver. My touchpad works as the normal mouse, in Blender in Edit mode I can easily select vertices and move them around to the desired shape. (Using a right click) The cad mouse moves the 3d cursor around, but it will not select the vertices, if I aim the pointer with the Cad Mouse and hit the right mouse button on my touch pad it will select the vertice. If I use the right Cad Mouse button it selects the object and puts it in a rotation mode and I can move the object around. It also works similarly in Sculpt mode.

I have turned off the touch pad drivers and restarted the program and it stays in the mode described above. The Spacemouse works (really nicely) and I was hoping to get the Cad Mouse working. I will be trying a different mouse on my computer tonight to see if I have similar results.

Are there any configuration settings in blender where I can setup the mouse buttons function. Just wondering if it is defaulting to having a Spacemouse and the touchpad installed, then assigning other functions to the Cad Mouse.

Thanks for the reply.

-Lanceman
Lanceman

Post by Lanceman »

Update:

I tried another mouse in a different USB Port and it worked fine. So then I tried plugging the CAD Mouse into a separate USB port and it mostly works. The two port hub seems to interfere with the operation of the CAD Mouse. The Cad Mouse mostly works, as it slips back into the pan around mode which can be counter-acted by using the scroll wheel, then it goes back to being able to select the vertices as normal. It is slightly intermittent.

Is this a faulty CAD Mouse or two port hub that came with the Kit?

My Wacom Tablet Pen and Mouse works flawlessly with the Space Mouse.
Lanceman

Post by Lanceman »

Update:

After about an hour the CAD Mouse went back to its erroneous behavior, switching back to the Wacom Graphire tablet, and it has no problem I am wondering if there is a problem with the CAD Mouse itself.

-Lance
Lanceman

Post by Lanceman »

Problem Solved: Operator Error. There are Three Full size Buttons AND a button wheel on the mouse. Apparently I was confusing the scroll wheel with the middle button, and the middle button was being used as the Right Mouse Button. My wife had no problem using the mouse, took me a few minutes watching her to figure out why. When you are used to lesser mice, muscle memory goes to the wrong button and lack of knowledge of the new mouse led to some frustrations.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Glad you were able to solve the issue. I was already wondering how to troubleshoot this weird case.