WinXP 64Bit : NX5 64bit crashes

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

burchia

Post by burchia »

Hi all

We have just installed the newest driver 3.4.2 for SpacePilot for using with NX5 64bit on a Windows XP 64bit machine. we use also NX3 32bit and adobe acrobat reader 8.1 parallel.

If we start NX5 64bit, everything works well, after starting acrobat pdf reader or legacy NX3 32bit we could work also in these apps, but if we switch back to NX5 64bit, NX5 will crash.

is there some solution or a new driver availiable ?

(short workaround: use of NX5 32bit until a solutions is given).

Thanks for your support!

regards,
Rolf
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi burchia

I will try to reproduce this issue. Do you start NX5 at first and then any of Acrobat Reader, or a 32 bit version of NX3, and after switching back to NX5 do you have a crash of NX5 every time? Only while using 3DxNx, or it happens without 3DxNX as well?
agoenczi
burchia

Post by burchia »

hi agoenczi

the crash happens only with activated 3dxNX driver. on machines without 3d input devices there are no any problems.

the driver works well inside NX5 (64bit) with all features - also in NX3 32bit installed on XP64. switching from acrobat reader (32bit) to NX3 (32bit), everything works fine. (or vice verso).

from the driver package, the base, NX and NX 64bit selection is installed.
(driver 3.4.2) (NX Version 5.0.1.4)

I think this switching from 64bit to 32bit apps did not work if both of them are using the 3D input device.

Tomorrow I remove NX5 64bit and install the 32bit version. I think this will work for the time until this issue could (hopefully) solved.

Thank you for your efforts!

p.s. eigentlich könnten wir uns auch in deutsch unterhalten? :)

regards,
Rolf
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi burchia,

We have reproduced this issue in-house and an incident report has been created (tracking number 4553). A fix for this issue is planned to be delivered in Release 3.5 currently scheduled for late October.

Thanks for the help. We very much appreciate your assistance in finding the problem.
Nuno Gomes