Inventor Slow Down (way slow)

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

iamhyker

Post by iamhyker »

I am running inventor 2008 SP1 with a space navigator PE (I believe, It was a prize). I installed it on a Dell Dimension DM061 Pentium 4 3.06GHz 1.GB Ram. 256mb ATI Radeon X1300 PRO Video Card.

I am having inventor slow to a craw when the Navigator is installed. The browser lags to come up, the update button within an assembly takes 10-50 times longer to do it's thing.

I tried the navigator on a machine that has more memory, but less processor. better video card. it seems to work flawlessly. Granted not as much time spent on the other machine, but it is noticeable instantly. I had to uninstall the hardware/ software because it was to cumbersome.

please help.

and Yes I do have the latest software drivers from the site.
Hyker Wilson
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi iamhyker

Please try to calibrate your device from time to time (for instance every hour). You will find a calibration button on the driver GUI (Device Configuration). Just click on the button and see the behaviour in Inventor - it might help.

Please let me know about your experience by posting here again.
agoenczi
iamhyker

Post by iamhyker »

I have tried that, but unfortunately I had also tried loading the alternative driver set (PE) instead of the SE of which I had done so earlier. So I do not know if it was one fix over the other however, it is better than it was. I am not 100% yet, So I am letting it settle.

thanks for the input.
Hyker Wilson
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi iamhyker

If it runs better it does because you re-installed the software. Download again the SE (Standard Edition) 3DxSoftware v3.4.2 (currently available on our driver download page) and extend the memory you have installed: it will enhance the performance for sure.

Please let me know if you will have similar problems.
agoenczi