Does anyone have a VBA example I could use in MicroStation?

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

technotrope

Post by technotrope »

I guess the subject says it all. I'd like to try to get this to work in Bentley's MicroStation V8 and, although I've looked at the VB example, I can't make heads nor tails of it. TIA for any help, recommendations, or links.
The impossible just takes a little longer...
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi technotrope,

Please refer to the SDK page. You'll find a VB example in there.

The page can be accessed from here.
Nuno Gomes
technotrope

Post by technotrope »

Thanks, ngomes, for your reply. I assume you're referring to the example in "vb.zip?" As noted in my original post, I originally downloaded this, but can't make heads nor tails out of it. Is there a 2nd example somewhere you are referring to?
ngomes

Re: Does anyone have a VBA example I could use in MicroStati

Post by ngomes »

Hi technotrope,
I assume you're referring to the example in "vb.zip?" As noted in my original post, I originally downloaded this, but can't make heads nor tails out of it.
Indeed I was. Apologises for missing it.
Is there a 2nd example somewhere you are referring to?
Not that I'm aware, I'm afraid.

Have you got any experience in using COM from VB or VBA?
technotrope

Post by technotrope »

Have you got any experience in using COM from VB or VBA?
I don't, unfortunately. It may be that this is simply beyond my current understanding. I'll do some research on using COM and see what I come up with. Thanks, again, for your help.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

technotrope wrote:It may be that this is simply beyond my current understanding. I'll do some research on using COM and see what I come up with. Thanks, again, for your help.
It is not that hard. The "devices" objects are available on the Object Browser (if you're using Microsoft development tools for VBA). You can use them just as any other type.

the TDxInput API uses standard "interfaces" and you may want to check how to use IConnectionPoint from a VB/VBA app.

If you can, we would appreciate if you could post here what you find. It may be helpful to other VB programmers.