SPACE EXPLORER PROBLEMS WITH RHINO

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Bo Gehring

SPACE EXPLORER PROBLEMS WITH RHINO

Post by Bo Gehring »

Hi,

I'm trying to use my new Space Explorer (looks like a very neat product) with Rhino3D. Rhino supports Spaceball so I assumed there would be no problem. The Space Explorer gives wonderful motion control- nice! BUT it now seems the Rhino screen interaction is damaged by the Space Explorer driver. Selected objects don't highlight in yellow and the pointer interaction becomes slow and weird except for 3D motion which is great. File saves and save confirm dialogs take forever. Sometimes it is impossible to close the window normally and I have to kill it in Task Manager. When the Space Explorer is unplugged and the 3Dconnexion driver software is removed the problems go away and Rhino is back to normal. FWIW I also use a Wacom pen tablet which has always been troublefree.

Can anyone help with this?

Many thanks,

Bo Gehring
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

Hell o Bo:

Rhino is natively supported by the software vendor. If you can help us by sending them a note, we will try to help you by following up and having a look ourselves as soon as we can within our schedule.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
Maverick2103

Post by Maverick2103 »

Hi,

I have a similar problem in Pro/Engineer Wildfire.
every mouse click takes forever and I need to switch to a different program before ProE will respond.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi Maverick2103,
Which version of 3DxSoftware do you have installed? Do you have the "3Dconnexion 3DxOffice" product installed?
Nuno Gomes
jwick

Post by jwick »

Make sure you device is not drifting and keeping ProE from carrying on its work. Select the "Calibrate" button in the 3DxWare GUI.