video apps: final cut and after fx

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

ruben

video apps: final cut and after fx

Post by ruben »

hello,

i have bought a space navigator just to have a look how it looks & feels, and despite the fact that my main apps (final cut pro on macos and after fx on windows and macos) are not supported, i thought i'd give it a try and see what i can use it for.

now, i like the device a lot - it feels great, and it looks great. unfortunately, it isn't actually very useful for me.

if there was support for the apps mentioned above, it would really be a great improvement. like, in fcp, havin mark in and mark out on the buttons and using the axes to scrub/******/job ... or in after fx, having similar timeline controls associated with it ...

i have read about the fcp timeline support being requested somewhere else in this forum ... are there any plans, however vague?

.rm
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

Hello ruben:

First of all, apologies for the delay in response. This one got by me! :)

At this time, we are not currently planning support for these applications as we are mainly focused on 3D navigation (with some 2D panning and zooming), and not currently on apps of these types. But we appreciate the suggestions, and it's always good for users to voice their requests, which are taken seriously.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
HoffY

Post by HoffY »

i'd also like support for a Video Application. noteably Sony Vegas. :)
Bmud

Post by Bmud »

I took the time to register just so I can say that I too REALLY want to use my spacenavigator as a jog/****** controller. Sure, I can use it with my favourite 3D app to model, and then animate (and it's been wonderful so far) but once it's rendered and it's time to edit, having a ******/jog controller would be awesome and it really would fit the need!

I'm running sony Vegas 6 on windows, btw, but I also have encounters with Premiere, AfterEffects, Final Cut Pro, iMovie and so on..

I look forward to the future of my peripheral being able to control many more things! :D

@HoffY: Good to see a fellow Vegas user! Woot!
-Bmud-
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

Thank you for the suggestions and please keep them coming. Again, we take these very seriously and discuss them when we plan for product support or approach partners.

As always, it really helps when our customers or potential customers can also contact the software companies, such as Sony, to voice their requests, as most of the time, our devices are supported natively within the application. You can also tell them, as we do, that integration is a cinch and we have developers here to support their efforts.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
JohnnyRandom

Post by JohnnyRandom »

I have an old SB4000 and would love to be able to Jog/******, I use it in 3ds Max, but really see a lot of potential for other timeline based applications. I use Fusion, AE, and Premiere quite frequently.

Support it and it will sell :D

This is the only reason why I haven't bought a newer product (and believe me the temptation is there:) )

I have looked at alot of other Jog/****** controllers and with the exception of one, they have this disconcertingly "cheap" feel to them yet they all cost IMO way too much money.

All of your products that I have had my hands on feel solid and well manufactured, hence why I am writing this in hopes of your support.