adt 2007

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

tdarcy

adt 2007

Post by tdarcy »

Hi guys,
I recently bought a space nav. PE and think its great. I have a problem though with ADT 2007. I get repeated crashes with adt every 10-20 minutes or so when I am just paning or zooming about with the navigator.
It crashes adt completely and unfortunately makes it more or less usless at the minute. The cad file isn't huge only about 3 mb and I am also using the latest download drivers.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Cheers
Tdarcy
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi tdarcy,

This type of problem (application crashes when navigation with a 3D mouse) is something that concerns us a lot and we try to respond as quickly as possible.

To do that we need to know as much as possible about the problem. The best way to analyse such issues is by a following a step-by-step procedure (a "scenario").

It seems for your message that the crashes occur in a more-or-less random fashion. Is that correct?

We suggest you try to pinpoint how the crashes occur and post here any information that you gather.
Nuno Gomes
tdarcy

Post by tdarcy »

Hi Ngomes,
Thanks for the fast reply, unfortunately as you said the crashes do seem very random which is making the problem hard to pinpoint, I will keep an eye on it and see if I can find a pattern.

Cheers
Td
tdarcy

Post by tdarcy »

Ok I think I can reproduce this crash,
working in model space in 3d with a reasonably complex model say about 3 meg. if I select a command like erase for example and select part of the model and then start to zoom and pan with the middle button of the ordinary mouse and while doing that touch the control on the space navigator at the same time it will cause a crash.
tdarcy

Post by tdarcy »

bump ..... I was able to reproduce this crash see above
agoenczi
User
User

adt 2007

Post by agoenczi »

Hi tdarcy

I have to try reproducing this issue. Please specify what type of mouse do you use with the version of the driver installed?
agoenczi
tdarcy

Post by tdarcy »

Hi,
The version is space navigator
release version 3.4.2
driver version 6.4.4
firmware version 4.4

running on architectural desktop 2007

The ordinary mouse is a 3 button HP mouse middle button scroll wheel
driver version Microsoft 5.1.2600.0
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi tdarcy,

We're unable to reproduce the crash. I'm sending you a private message with an E-mail address to where you can send a document which we can use to try your scenario.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi tdarcy,

We got the data and we're now trying to follow your scenario. Once we know more, we will post the information here.
michi75

Post by michi75 »

Tdarcy,

I have experienced the same frequent crashes in ADT 2007 and Architectur 2008 with the 3.4.2 driver. You may want to try the older 3.3.6 driver until a fix has been found. While the 3.3.6 driver has its own quirks, they are rather minor by comparison, at least I found it to be reasonably stable.

Cheers,
MF
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi michi75,
I have experienced the same frequent crashes in ADT 2007 and Architectur 2008 with the 3.4.2 driver.
I believe you reported it here.

The information provided by tdarcy seems to point to something (we should know more tomorrow).

Are you able to pinpoint more precisely how is it crashing on your system? A reproducible scenario can go a long way in helping us fixing/workaround this sort of bugs.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi tdarcy,

An update. We had no trouble in reproducing the problem. Thanks for all the information. It was really very helpful.

It seems that ADT / AutoCAD itself is crashing, not our add-in. We have brought the issue to Autodesk's attention and we are trying to determine what can be done. For your information, this issue is being tracked internally with number 4605.
tdarcy

Post by tdarcy »

bump ...any news on this problem
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi tdarcy,

Not much. We're still in touch with Autodesk. It is taking a while to get the issue verified by them.
mjohnston

Added info

Post by mjohnston »

Perhaps this may be a clue.
I finally got SN to work with Acad 2008.
When it pans or zooms fonts (and some graphics) turn into stencil. By that I mean they are not filled solid but appear as outline.
When I click on the Autocad window they return to their normal appearance.