SN with Adobe Photoshop CS3 Mac?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

adrianoc

Post by adrianoc »

Does SpaceNavigator work with with Adobe Photoshop CS3 Mac as advertised? I tried it and it had no effect whatsoever. I imported a 3d object in a 3d layer, it could be rotated with the mouse but not with SN.

Anyway, that's not that useful in any case. True 3d software is where SN should work with all 6 movements. I suggest here MATHEMATICA, for which I bought SN (sometimes one can spin but not zoom; that's 2 degrees of freedom out of SN's 6) and the 3D modeler - animator CARRARA by daz3d.

My SpaceNavigator works beautifully with Google Earth, using all 6 movements (3 translations+3 rotations). Is there ANY OTHER application in which ALL 6 movements can be used? Do all 6 work in Maya 8.5? What about the new Maya 2008?

I have a Mac Pro 8 core Intel, OS 10.4.10, latest SN driver.
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Adrianoc

Adobe Photoshop CS3 on Mac works with the SpaceNavigator. 3Dconnexion tested this combination and it works.
Maya on Mac is supported for versions 8.0 or 8.5. Intel-based Macs should run Maya versions 8.5 and above.
as specified on our application list.

To see the complete list of supported applications for the SpaceNavigator for the most popular operating systems please take a look at our list of supported applications.
agoenczi