Better support of 'other' software

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

mteddy

Better support of 'other' software

Post by mteddy »

I really like my SpaceNavigator, it works great with photoshop, acrobat or google earth. But unfortunately it supports only few applications.

I am wondering, why you don't maintenance 3dxOffice and add more options?
The driver made by RBC9 shows, what the users wishes and how it could work. This would be allow more general appliance of your devices and easy customization to other software applications, you don't special support. E.g. the Wacom drivers allows such customizations to any application too.

So why you don't integrate a more flexible software support in your 3DxWare / driver?
I know a lot of people, who would buy the SpaceNavigator if such features would be available.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Dear mteddy,

We encourage you to contact the software developers, Microsoft, and share with them your thoughts and desires for them to incorporate use of our 3D Mice with their applications. We provide a free API, Application Programmer's Interface, on our web site, to make it easy for them to incorporate input signals from our devices into their software applications.

There are over a hundred software developers that have incorporated our device into their applications.

Sincerely,
Bryan G.
mteddy

Post by mteddy »

I am not sure, if you understand me. I talk about a more more generic software/driver for your device. - I wish it, like many other people, look e.g. viewtopic.php?t=1435 or viewtopic.php?t=336. I don't say, it would replace your native special plugin for the application you already support, but there are too much good software application you don't support and a generic driver would be enough.

It would be a value added to your device (sales argument -> $$$ :-) ?). So you should discuss such proposals in your company or forward to your software developer! Don't say your customer should do this work for you - we buy then more of your devices.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi mteddy,

We do hear you. We also try to explain why we currently do not follow that approach. Please see here.
Nuno Gomes