Space Mouse Limited Control in Photoshop CC

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Trevor Dennis

Space Mouse Limited Control in Photoshop CC

Post by Trevor Dennis »

I bought my Space Mouse primarily for ShetchUp, and it is working very nicely in that application. However it would be nice to use it with Photoshop CC, but it is only allowing linear movement of windows and objects. None of the rotation controls are working. I have turned off Zoom with Scroll Wheel, and also the other Zoom features in Photoshop Preferences, and checked the 3DConnexion Properties where the relevant things appear to be checked.

One thing that has occurred to me while starting this thread, is that I have other pointing devices attached. Namely an Intuos 4, and perhaps more significantly, ****** Pro V2. I'll try disconnecting it after submitting this post. But I would still appreciate any pointers. Note that I have spent a lot of time on Google trying to hunt down an answer, and got surprisingly few hits.

Windows 10, Photoshop CC 17.1.1

Can we post images to this forum. I'll go look for a relevant FAQ when I have a moment.

TIA
Trevor Dennis

Re: Space Mouse Limited Control in Photoshop CC

Post by Trevor Dennis »

No disconnecting the ****** Pro made no difference. Up, down, left right, forward back, are all working OK. Rotation does nothing, but tilt does the same as up and down.

One possibly weird thing is that running 3DxPhotoshop makes no difference. It has the described functionality whether I run that script or not.
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello Trevor Dennis -

In addition to having the 3DxPhotoshop add-in installed you need to be in Photoshop's 3D space. Outside of it only Pan and Zoom are available.

To open a 3D space in PhotoshopCC try one of the options under the 3D menu like New 3D Postcard from Layer. Your image layer becomes a 2-sided flat object you can manipulate in 3D space. You can rotate, spin, tilt and roll in addition to pan and zoom. Change your flat image to a 3D shape with 'New Shape from layer'. Choose a sphere,donut, pyramid or other shape to warp your image around then navigate the shape in 3D space.

And, yes, you can post an image here [a link to an image] with the 'IMG' button.
----------------------
Barbara
loomen

Post by loomen »

Hello Barbara.

What you described here doesn't seem to work for me in Photoshop CC 2018.
I am in 3d work-space but can only pan/zoom with the Space Mouse.

I would really like to rotate the 3d camera inside Photoshop or at least change the brush size with it, but there are almost none tutorials out there.

Any ideas how to make it work?

Thanks,
Ivan