Stuttering in SW2018

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

NMGMarques

Stuttering in SW2018

Post by NMGMarques »

Hi all.
After a series of problems, needed to reinstall SW2018 from scratch. All good and installed 3Dconnexion home. Spacemouse Pro is now unusable in SW. Using the spacemouse results in stuttering movement. If I use the normal mouse to rotate or move, no problems at all. Prior to formating my PC and reinstalling everything all was working fine.

Video for those interested. First part is spacemouse stuttering. Second part is using my old but trusty no frills X7 mouse.
https://youtu.be/5Xfnl1xPoB0

Ideas?
UtaSH

Re: Stuttering in SW2018

Post by UtaSH »

Hi NMGMarques,

are you using the latest driver for the 3D mouse?

have you checked if you have the latest graphic card driver?
williamwinters

Re: Stuttering in SW2018 (and Creo and 3Dconnexion viewer)

Post by williamwinters »

A coworker and I are having similar issues. We have slow, laggy response from the spacemouse, and then the input continues after the mouse has been released. This both started happening to us in the last week. It effects Creo and the problem is present in the 3dconnexion viewer app. I have done a full uninstall, restart, reinstall, restart cycle, and the problem persists. I'm suspecting a windows update broke this.
modjo

Post by modjo »

Hi, i have exactly the same problem with solidedge ST10 and a space pilot pro. When i start solidedge it work fine but after some manipulation (10 minutes) i have this problem (need to restart my pc to correct it !). When i use my standard mouse i have no problems (the movement is very fluid) !
my config :
- solidedge st10 mp2
- windows 7 64
- nvidia quadro fx3800
- corei5
- 8 Go RAM

3d connexion :
3DconnexionConf.png
3DconnexionConf.png (17.69 KiB) Viewed 8363 times
When i use the space pilot :
3dconnexionPerf.png
3dconnexionPerf.png (45.73 KiB) Viewed 8363 times
Tested with 3d connexion viewer working fine (very fluid). Can you help please ?
NetCop

Post by NetCop »

Any progress on this issue?
Tyrel

Post by Tyrel »

Having exactly the same problems with my SpaceMouse Enterprise. In some programs movement is ok, but some are just impossible to use with my SpaceMouse! This affects especially CATIA v5 and - no joke - the 3DX Assemble Demo. Movement is heavily stuttering and framerate is very low. Movement with normal mouse is just fine. My system: Win 10, all drivers up-to-date. Reinstall and Repair of 3DX driver hasn't helped in any way. I don't understand what's causing this. Moreover: 3DX in Photoshop CC 2018 doesn't work at all. But this might be because the 3DX driver isn't updated for the newest CC yet. 3DCONNEXION please HELP!
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi,

do you have logging enabled in the driver? Right-click to the 3Dconnexion icon in the system tray and make sure the option "Write Log File" is NOT active.

Let me know what you find out.
Cognitdiss

Post by Cognitdiss »

Symptoms on my machine are as described above. Most noticeable on the CadMouse, making it almost unuseable.
New install, new drivers, new CadMouse Compact, New Spacemouse, new machine.
Logging has always been unchecked, thus no remedy yet.
Any other remedies?
Thanks,
David