Left mouse button gone haywire. Support are not helping.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Kiarian

Left mouse button gone haywire. Support are not helping.

Post by Kiarian »

I submitted a technical report about my CAD Mouse. The left button is missing clicks, adding clicks, just going haywire. I have updated the firmware to v1.5. When I eventually received a reply from 3Dconnexion regarding my technical support, I was just asked one question: 'What is your full address?'.

?!? This isn't a banking/credit card transaction. Can you just help me with my problem?
UtaSH

Re: Left mouse button gone haywire. Support are not helping.

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Kiarian,

I apologize for the confusion. My colleague should have been a little bit more specific. We have some reports that the buttons of the early CadMouse models might trigger double clicks even the user did a single click. Or clicks with the mouse are not sent to the operating system. We have reviewed the production process and have replaced the parts that cause the problems. My colleague was asking for your shipping address to start the RMA process for you. (He should have explained that. ;) )

I will follow up with my colleagues and I recommend you send them your shipping address.
Kiarian

Post by Kiarian »

Hi,

Many thanks for your help. Apologies from my end. Bad timing, as I had just been given the runaround by Adobe on their awful customer support online chat.

I didn't realise your colleague simply wanted my address for the RMA process. A rep from 3dconnexion just phoned, spoke to me and was very helpful. I will cut the cord on my faulty CAD Mouse and send you the image. Once again, thanks for taking the time to help.
NicoVB

Post by NicoVB »

Had the same thing with my Wireless Cadmouse.
I contacted the support and they engaged the whole RMA process with was very professional and very quick.
(Although I live in Belgium, and that's basically just a stone throw away from the Munich headquarters :wink: )
Product replaced within a few days and I received a phone call with a follow up to ensure that everything when smooth.
Now, that's a great service 3dcx!
If only all firms had the same customer support...

The problem is gone and I felt a real difference in the actual mouse click, a bit hard to explain, but the click feels much sturdier.
More secure and profound in a certain way.
No more unwanted small micro lines in my CAD program when drawing, yay :D
I'm a happy customer.
Kiarian

Post by Kiarian »

I'm now getting the same problem again. 3Dconnexion, can you please release an update for the firmware for the CAD Mouse. Currently it's 1.0. The left mouse button keeps double clicking again. This is not a fault of the mouse as it's new. But it's starting to drive me crazy as I use the mouse sometimes in Affinity Designer when drawing vector curves. Getting to the point where I'm half thinking of using my crusty old mouse which has been locked away for the past couple of years.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

NicoVB wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:28 pm Had the same thing with my Wireless Cadmouse.
I contacted the support and they engaged the whole RMA process with was very professional and very quick.
(Although I live in Belgium, and that's basically just a stone throw away from the Munich headquarters :wink: )
Product replaced within a few days and I received a phone call with a follow up to ensure that everything when smooth.
Now, that's a great service 3dcx!
If only all firms had the same customer support...

The problem is gone and I felt a real difference in the actual mouse click, a bit hard to explain, but the click feels much sturdier.
More secure and profound in a certain way.
No more unwanted small micro lines in my CAD program when drawing, yay :D
I'm a happy customer.
Hi NicoVB,

many thanks for your nice words. We are happy to hear that things work out for you.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Kiarian wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:04 am I'm now getting the same problem again. 3Dconnexion, can you please release an update for the firmware for the CAD Mouse. Currently it's 1.0. The left mouse button keeps double clicking again. This is not a fault of the mouse as it's new. But it's starting to drive me crazy as I use the mouse sometimes in Affinity Designer when drawing vector curves. Getting to the point where I'm half thinking of using my crusty old mouse which has been locked away for the past couple of years.
Hello Kiarian,

I apologize that you encounter problems again. I can see in our database that you received a replacement device in February. This device should definitely be one of the new charge where there should not be any problems with the button clicks. I will contact you directly to troubleshoot the issue.
Kiarian

Post by Kiarian »

Hi Uta,

Updated to driver version 1.05 for the CAD Mouse. Should all be fine now hopefully. Thanks for the help.

Regards

Kiarian
mrtangocharlie

Post by mrtangocharlie »

Hello, i am having a similar problem with my cad mouse ( its the one that come in a kit with the wireless 3d mouse). I am finding that i am getting random clicks and misses. often i click with left hand button and it doesn't actually click. then other times it double clicks. Could someone help me with this? I have only purchased this recently.
Thanks,
Chris.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Chris,

I am sorry to hear that you have problems with your CadMouse. In your case a firmware update might solve the problem. Please contact our Technical Support Team. They can provide the necessary tool and if this does not solve the problem they can start the RMA process for you.
mrtangocharlie

Post by mrtangocharlie »

Uta,
I have already tried to contacted support and they are not replying. Could you please just share the firmware link to this page?
Thanks,
Chris Newbury.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Chris,

I am sorry, that you haven't heard back from our team. We do not share the firmware update publicly.

Can you please let me know when you contacted the support team? Did you fill our form for Technical Support? Or did you call them? It seems you were not using the email address that you are using for our forum.

I will contact you in a PM.
Antehelix

Post by Antehelix »

I have tried firmware upgrade but it didn't work. Is there another solution for this issue? Or may the solution be buy another brand?
antonynealrobinson

Post by antonynealrobinson »

Hello,
Did the left click problem get solved?
Recently I have been having the same problem. I thought it was down to the remote desktop but I have the same problem on the client PC as well.
Have tried with a normal mouse and left clicking seems to work as normal.

It makes working with sketches & selcting in Creo extremely painful.

Ant
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi,

did you contact our Technical Support Team? They can check if this is a problem with the device and then see if you are eligible for a replacement device.