google earth and space navigator PE freeze the system

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

skygtq

Post by skygtq »

Hi flomotan,

based on your reply I tried to narrow down the chances of freezing Mac. But as mnierychlo states, the latest version of all related software, no matter whether other apps are running or not. No special actions in Google Earth - it sometimes freezes after 10 secs, 1 min or 2 mins....

There doesn't seem to be a behavior pattern. I know that these are the worst bugs to find. Is there any debug mode that I can switch on or logfile I can look at?

Leopard will be coming out soon, I'll try with a blank OS install and see what happens. Will keep you updated.

thanks.
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

I assume there were no crash logs created when the freeze happens? I'll send you a PM to see what we can do
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

Hi guys,

We're trying to narrow this down some more. Can you check out the following:

- Open Activity Monitor and keep it open while using GE. Try to get as much of the running processes in the window. When the freeze happens see what the monitor reports

- Is the cursor still movable with the freeze?

- Open the Console window. See if there are any meaningful messages in it before the freeze

For Activity Monitor and Console, you'd need to have these visible in the background while using GE. That is, don't cover these windows since you won't be able to switch to them