3DConnexion Drivers for Mac OS Mojave

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

saakejam

Post by saakejam »

3DConnexion System preferences for Mac OS Mojave are frozen. I have both a Cadmouse and a Space Navigator. The Space Navigator is grayed out and the Cadmouse is not listed. 3DConnexion tech said they are working on a driver release but gave no timeframe as to when. I am dead in the water until then. Anyone else having this?

Regards,
Jim Saake
UtaSH

Re: 3DConnexion Drivers for Mac OS Mojave

Post by UtaSH »

Hi saakejam,

3Dconnexion is working to add support for macOS 10.14 (Mojave) into the 3DxWare 10 driver. The loading of kernel extensions was modified in the latest version of Apple’s operating system. Due to this fact 3Dconnexion has to make significant changes to the 3DxWare driver. Once the new driver is ready you can find it on our driver download site . We are sorry for any inconvenience this delay may be causing to you.

We cannot give a timeframe as we cannot predict the results from our QA testing.
Sky

Post by Sky »

UtaSH wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:53 am Hi saakejam,

3Dconnexion is working to add support for macOS 10.14 (Mojave) into the 3DxWare 10 driver. The loading of kernel extensions was modified in the latest version of Apple’s operating system. Due to this fact 3Dconnexion has to make significant changes to the 3DxWare driver. Once the new driver is ready you can find it on our driver download site . We are sorry for any inconvenience this delay may be causing to you.

We cannot give a timeframe as we cannot predict the results from our QA testing.
Aha, this makes sense. I have Mojave and just received this SpaceMouse in the mail today. Was totally wondering why I couldn't change Axes.

Is there any possible way you could email me when the Spacemouse driver is fixed on Mojave?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Sky,

you have a ticket with our Technical Support Team. I have put a note to this ticket to inform you once the new Mac driver is released.Let's hope we do not forget. ;)
barmssy

Post by barmssy »

Hi everyone!

Having the same issues, and in great anticipation of the Mojave support.

While you're at modifying drivers for Mojave, could you please look into an issue with CAD Mouse where upon system startup, when I see login screen, the mouse's cursor moves, but doesn't accept click command? It is only after I unplug the mouse from my iMac Pro and plug it back again that it can click on user's icon and type in password in the appeared field.

Thank you!
AGtrema

Post by AGtrema »

Hello,
I have the same issues with a SpaceMouse, it work "fine" and when you release it everything move ...

https://youtu.be/5CH9-wW0YK4
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello AGtrema,

we haven't yet released the driver for the newest macOS Mojave.
  • 3Dconnexion is working to support for macOS 10.14 (Mojave) into the 3DxWare 10 driver. The loading of kernel extensions was modified in the latest version of Apple’s operating system. Due to this fact 3Dconnexion has had to make significant changes to the 3DxWare driver. Once the new driver is ready we will inform you. We are sorry for any inconvenience this delay may be causing to our customers, users of macOS 10.14
I will let you know once the driver is released.
RicoHo

Post by RicoHo »

There was a Developer Beta of Mojave available over month. I think a professional company should be able to publish a driver at the release date of a operating system. Fore instance the updated Wacom drivers are online since weeks. And 3Dconexion is still sleeping? That's very annoying.
AGtrema

Post by AGtrema »

Hello UtaSH.
I know ... that's the probleme. Like RicoHo says, there was a beta version for the developper ... I am a professional, that work with your 3Dtools, i had think that a professional company like yours was able to take the working drivers before of the OS changes...

I have need 2 week to understand that the probleme wasn't physical (dust) and try with windows. After 2 week it is too late for me to downgrade my OS ...

Have a nice day
marcarch

Post by marcarch »

RicoHo wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:48 am There was a Developer Beta of Mojave available over month. I think a professional company should be able to publish a driver at the release date of a operating system. Fore instance the updated Wacom drivers are online since weeks. And 3Dconexion is still sleeping? That's very annoying.
I just registered to the forum just to say exactly that :D

I love 3Dconnexion, but, please, note that every Mac users tends to update the OS as soon as an update is available.
So, please, don't wait until the last macOS is publicly released to update your drivers: developers have macOS betas months before the release.
Skate Foss

Post by Skate Foss »

I too am waiting for the driver for the SpaceNavigator for Mojave. Mojave was released in early September, its now 3rd week of October. Please 3DConnexion, I have 2 Space Navigators, I've been using for years, please, I need these to work.
RicoHo

Post by RicoHo »

I think it could not be too difficult to publish a driver that works with a new OS. I tested the public beta of Mojave and during this time many developers published updates. When the OS was released nearly everything worked fine.
I got the impression that the smaller companies and the independent developers work much more faster in this case. Maybe 3DConnexion is not so interested to support the Mac user.
YuZhao

Post by YuZhao »

Same here,

3D Spacemouse + Sketchup 2018

Greyed out, Some buttons respond in sketchup, but it only zooms in or out. The rest of the buttons don't work
Skate Foss

Post by Skate Foss »

Mac Users who updated their operating systems to Mojave are waiting for updated drivers. Mojave was released in early September 2018, and now we see there are new Windows Drivers posted October 22, 2018. But NO updates for MacOS Mojave?
barmssy

Post by barmssy »

Dear 3Dconnexion,

You don't sell the function - every CAD system works with a mouse and a keyboard, you sell speed and convenience which comes with a time spent learning how to use your manipulators. You are responsible for those you converted to use your products, and to get used to them for work.
And now you are 4 months behind supporting second most spread OS in the world, effectively rendering everything you sold useless to this point.
You are over a month behind the release of Mojave, and everyone else have rolled out their Mojave support. Why didn't you? When will it be out?