Windows 10 random freezes on boot w/wireless receiver

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

woundedknee

Windows 10 random freezes on boot w/wireless receiver

Post by woundedknee »

Hello,

I have a Spacemouse Wireless and for the most part, it operates flawlessly in Windows 10. But for some reason, when I leave the small wireless receiver plugged in when my PC boots, it will experience random freezes (mouse cannot move, programs freeze) during the process. This behavior stops immediately when I unplug the receiver or just leave the receiver unplugged during boot.

The Spacemouse is normally off during boot up to save battery also. This is rather annoying and doesn't seem right to have to leave the receiver unplugged during the boot sequence since my USB ports are hard to reach. Once the boot process is complete, I can then plug it in for normal operation.

Has this been reported before? Is there a fix? I have all the latest Windows updates and have installed the latest 3Dconnexion drivers and software.

Thank you for your time.
Dave
GeraldBoise

Re: Windows 10 random freezes on boot w/wireless receiver

Post by GeraldBoise »

Hi, I'm having the same issue with my windows 10 workstation. It doesn't happen as frequently if I leave it plugged in a USB 3 port instead of USB 2 port, but I've only recently purchased and started using the 3Dconnexion Wireless Spacemouse. Also, and maybe it's windows issues, but the navigation will sometimes freeze or become non-responsive with Maya.