Cadmouse Pro Wireless Info Request

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Andrea66

Cadmouse Pro Wireless Info Request

Post by Andrea66 »

I hope somebody owning this product can help me.
I would like to buy a wired mouse, because I'm slightly sensitive to wireless conection and I prefer not to add wireless product in my house.
I was thinking initially to buy the wired version, but I read that the Pro wireless can be used as wired, and additionally seems to have better and more durable switches in comparison to the wired version (and I read in some forum that this caused some issues to users that were forced to rma's the product after 1-2 years).

Assuming that this is true (otherwise if not pls advice and I'll go buying the wired version), can somebody confirm that the wireless pro used with usb cable has the wireless connection completely off (assuming the switch in the bottom area is needed to switch it off)? Pls answer only if you're sure about it because I do not want to spend money and then have some "healthy" problem...

I sent a message also to the site support, but not received any answers and additionally I did not see in the manual any reference to it.

Thanks in advance for an advice!
luping

Re: Cadmouse Pro Wireless Info Request

Post by luping »

There's a button at the bottom of CadMouse Pro Wireless to switch off the embedded lithium battery. If you connect the CadMouse Pro Wireless using the USB cable, you'll not be able to use the wireless modes(2.4GHz wireless and Bluetooth wireless), they're turned off by the 3DxWare driver. It uses optical mouse sensor model PMW3330DM from Taiwan based PixArt Imaging Inc.(https://www.pixart.com/products-detail/ ... 330DM-TZQU), take a look at the general datasheet, and you can search PMW3330DM by Google/Bing.

As for the durability of the switches, 3Dconnexion's PR news said that it has 50 million clicks, but actually it's mechanical durability, only possible if the micro-switch is not used on a charged electric circuit under certain testing condition. The actual durability of the micro-switches on a mouse depend on the electrical durability, it's only about 300,000 operations under testing condition, and in real world use condition, it probably lasts for up to 1000,000 or 1500,000 operations regarding the currency load(voltage, ampere) and your fingers' click frequency, lifetime clicks are less than 3% of the mechanical durability. Almost all mouse manufacturers, like Logitech, Razor and other brands, only display the mechanical durability. They can't make money if the mouses the manufactured has a longer life, it's a dirty industry secret.

For CadMouse, it uses Omron D2FC-F-7N switches, mechanical durability 5 million.
For CadMouse Wireless, it uses Omron D2FC-F-7N(20M), mechanical durability 20 millions.
For CadMouse Pro Wireless, it probably uses Omron D2FC-F-K(50M), mechanical durability 50 million.
Omron D2FC-F-7N/D2FC-F-7N(20M)/D2FC-F-K(50M) use silver alloy material for the contact in the micro-switch.

Please also note that there's a low lifespan TTC 9mm black core mouse encoder/decoder being used by CadMouse. TTC offers 9mm yellow core mouse encoder/decoder, lifetime is 2 million cycle(24 points, lifetime is relatively very very long).

All the parts mentioned are low cost compared to the price of the mouse.
Omron D2FC-F-K(50M).jpg
Omron D2FC-F-K(50M).jpg (29.27 KiB) Viewed 36278 times
Omron D2F switch specification.png
Omron D2F switch specification.png (220.11 KiB) Viewed 36278 times
cadmouse micro-switch.jpg
cadmouse micro-switch.jpg (166.21 KiB) Viewed 36278 times
luping

Post by luping »

2019-08-22_10h03_05.jpg
2019-08-22_10h03_05.jpg (85.48 KiB) Viewed 36278 times
2019-08-22_10h03_30.jpg
2019-08-22_10h03_30.jpg (67.45 KiB) Viewed 36278 times
2019-08-22_10h02_53.jpg
2019-08-22_10h02_53.jpg (80.63 KiB) Viewed 36278 times
luping

Post by luping »

50M price.jpg
50M price.jpg (92.52 KiB) Viewed 36278 times
Andrea66

Post by Andrea66 »

Thank you for the really detailed answer ande to let me learn something new in regards to technical and commerical aspects (I have now the second logitech mouse failing in the switch after 1-2 years of usage).

Anyway as far as I understood, my main question regarding the wired behaviour is answered.
And based to your explaination in regards to durability, it could be a good idea then, due to the low price of the items, to buy some spare parts and keep them in case switch or TTC will fail after warranty period.

Hope to find them in Italy or Europe, because from US is sometime difficult (and maybe expensive) to import electronic part..
luping

Post by luping »

Andrea66 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:56 pm Thank you for the really detailed answer ande to let me learn something new in regards to technical and commerical aspects (I have now the second logitech mouse failing in the switch after 1-2 years of usage).

Anyway as far as I understood, my main question regarding the wired behaviour is answered.
And based to your explaination in regards to durability, it could be a good idea then, due to the low price of the items, to buy some spare parts and keep them in case switch or TTC will fail after warranty period.

Hope to find them in Italy or Europe, because from US is sometime difficult (and maybe expensive) to import electronic part..
Pardon me for the minor typo errors/glitches. You can buy some switches from aliexpress/ebay/amazon, aliexpress/amazon have European warehouses, or global shipping at low cost. And may be there are Ebay sellers based in south European countries who sell these mouse switches. Omron microswitch D2FC-F-K(50M) is very balanced for office mouse as well as for gaming mouse.

Since you're a European, probably you're tall and strong, and may be you have big hands. I would recommend mouse switches DGBE-FL60 made by ZF(German quality), with 60 million mechanical durability for you, the micro-switches are made in Zhuhai city in China. It's contact is gold plated for great service life.

Other top micro-switches for you:
Omron D2F-F-3-7, made in Japan, silver alloy contact, around 10-20 million, with great feel for gaming.
ZIPPY DF3-P1L1, made in Taiwan, gold plated contact, 20 million, great feel for gaming.

After all, you have to try all the switches to choose the most suitable one for your own use.

ZF Gold Point Gaming Micro Switch(DGBE-FL60)
Description:
100% brand new and high quality
Material: Electrical Components
Color: See Pictures
Model: Gold Point-DGBE-FL60
Work: Optical
Interface Type: USB RS (port side) PS / 2
Optical resolution: Other
Whether to support ergonomics: Support
Key pressure: 0.74N (75g)
Service Life:60 million
operating force:50gf-80gf
Rated voltage: DC 5V 100mA
Operating temperature: -25 ° to +65 °
Compatible with most mouses

2019-08-22_16h47_30.png
2019-08-22_16h47_30.png (240.73 KiB) Viewed 36035 times
2019-08-22_16h40_32.png
2019-08-22_16h40_32.png (110.87 KiB) Viewed 36035 times
zippy.jpg
zippy.jpg (27.04 KiB) Viewed 36035 times
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Andrea66 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:17 am I hope somebody owning this product can help me.
I would like to buy a wired mouse, because I'm slightly sensitive to wireless conection and I prefer not to add wireless product in my house.
I was thinking initially to buy the wired version, but I read that the Pro wireless can be used as wired, and additionally seems to have better and more durable switches in comparison to the wired version (and I read in some forum that this caused some issues to users that were forced to rma's the product after 1-2 years).

Assuming that this is true (otherwise if not pls advice and I'll go buying the wired version), can somebody confirm that the wireless pro used with usb cable has the wireless connection completely off (assuming the switch in the bottom area is needed to switch it off)? Pls answer only if you're sure about it because I do not want to spend money and then have some "healthy" problem...

I sent a message also to the site support, but not received any answers and additionally I did not see in the manual any reference to it.

Hello Andrea66,

the issue with the buttons that we saw with our very first devices is fixed since more than 2 years. All CadMouse devices that are produced now have better electronic parts. If you buy a wired CadMouse you won't have problems with the buttons.

Additionally all our wireless products are designed to work wired when connected with a cable. It is not necessary to switch it on when connected with the cable. ;)

I apologize that we didn't reply your request from our website.
Andrea66

Post by Andrea66 »

Thanks to both for the additional answers.

@UtaSH
So, this means that the actual mouse (not PRO) wired mouse, has the same improved switch of the PRO, and therefore if I wish to go to a wired solution, they are quite the same product with no big differences, correct?

Thanks for this last confirmation.
luping

Post by luping »

UtaSH wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:13 am
Andrea66 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:17 am I hope somebody owning this product can help me.

Hello Andrea66,

the issue with the buttons that we saw with our very first devices is fixed since more than 2 years. All CadMouse devices that are produced now have better electronic parts. If you buy a wired CadMouse you won't have problems with the buttons.

Additionally all our wireless products are designed to work wired when connected with a cable. It is not necessary to switch it on when connected with the cable. ;)

I apologize that we didn't reply your request from our website.
No, you can't use the description 'better electronic parts' here, the original parts like the Omron D2FC-F-7N micro-switches, TTC 9mm black core encoder/decoder being used in CadMouse can also be found in mouses with price at 10 USD level. Low service life parts used even in high-end mouses is a dirty industry practice/secret.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Andrea66 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:20 pm Thanks to both for the additional answers.

@UtaSH
So, this means that the actual mouse (not PRO) wired mouse, has the same improved switch of the PRO, and therefore if I wish to go to a wired solution, they are quite the same product with no big differences, correct?

We have different electronical parts in the CadMouse and the CadMouse Pro Wireless. We are continuously improving our products.

You can get your broken mouse replaced by our Technical Support Team. The replacement device will be the same model as the broken one. If you want to have the CadMouse Pro Wireless you need ot acquire it.
luping

Post by luping »

Andrea66 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:20 pm Thanks to both for the additional answers.

@UtaSH

From product development/lifecycle management perspectives, once the basic specification of a product is defined, the parts' specifications are also confirmed without change(s) except major defect(s) reported/detected to initiate design change/engineering change throughout the supply chain. Like what has happened to the CadMouse base part electroplating premature aging issue, this is one of such occasions.