3dsmax2019 cameramode switch randomly to target mode

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

infarq

Re: 3dsmax2019 cameramode switch randomly to target mode

Post by infarq »

thanks for the support

could i have acces to a beta release of the driver?
infarq

Post by infarq »

one more thing, if you are gonna change the driver, ther are one issue and one feature we got worse in the last driver:

1 random navigation switch between camera and target mode (as described previously)
2 the radius of rotation:
in 3dsmax2015 movement speed depended on the target distance of the selected camera or the perspective radio distance
in 3dsmax2019 movement speed is fixed and independent on the target distance

i do appreciate to have it back to the speed depending on the camera or perspective radio
clearskystudio

Post by clearskystudio »

I would like to throw in my vote for bringing back the old navigation speed algorithm.
Or at least to be able to select it in the setting from the two: world center and focus distance.
Actually each of them might be useful, but there are different projects with different scales and objects counts.
I doubt it's an advancement as it is right now. It would be so if there would be an option to leave the old way of working through options.
Thanks for your hard work on bringing it all together!
thempus

Post by thempus »

ngomes: Could you plz report if the issue regarding the camera speed not being proportional to the target distance (either through viewport camera or perspective mode) is being worked and included in the next update? As InfArq described, there are 2 issues that need to be addressed to make spacemouse usable in 3ds max 2019. One of which you have confirmed as being resolved for next driver update.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi infarq,
infarq wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:28 am could i have acces to a beta release of the driver?
One of my colleagues tried to reach you over a private message in this Forum but perhaps it was missed. We have now sent a message to your registered e-mail address.
infarq

Post by infarq »

thnak you very much!!!!!!!!

it's working finally!!!!!

thanks for the support...!!

for me 3dconnexion is a must tool for the 100% of the day to place cameras on VFX scenes so... thank you so much!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

infarq wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:27 am it's working finally!!!!!
Excellent. Thank you for having reported it to us and for verifying the pre-release software.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi,
thempus wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:14 pm ngomes: Could you plz report if the issue regarding the camera speed not being proportional to the target distance (either through viewport camera or perspective mode) is being worked and included in the next update?
clearskystudio wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:58 am I would like to throw in my vote for bringing back the old navigation speed algorithm.
We were waiting to have the fix validated using a pre-release build of our 10.6.6 software. It looks like the issue with camera speed has also been addressed.
thempus

Post by thempus »

Great to hear, can I also have a pre-release version of the driver?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi thempus,
thempus wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:14 pm Great to hear, can I also have a pre-release version of the driver?
We're aiming to release the software very soon and before the end of next week (April 17th).

We ask you to please wait until then since we cannot begin to send the pre-release code on a one-to-one basis.
thempus

Post by thempus »

Updated the driver and nothing that was discussed seem to be fixed on 3ds max 2020. It clearly shows the new driver "10.6.6" as the latest, also it had the "3ds max plugins" checked during installation. Hardware will remain worthless meanwhile.
smallpoly

Post by smallpoly »

Thanks for fixing this! It's been driving me crazy!
Stigert

Post by Stigert »

UtaSH wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:42 am Hi infarq,

we are tracking the issue with our internal bug number WIN-620. See here. This will be fixed in the next driver release.
Any update on this? Will it ever be fixed? The problem is occuring even more often since this post.
Stigert

Post by Stigert »

ngomes wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:39 am
infarq wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:37 am ok, let me describe it as easy as possible
This appears to be the WIN-620 issue. We believe to have it fixed in the 10.6.6 release and we're now seeking to have it verified.

I just wanted to make sure there there was nothing else we were missing.

I'm sorry for causing further confusion rather than helping to clear it up.
When will you fix this?? We have around 40 spacemouses that I'm tempted to shrow in the trash. This is a nightmare
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Stigert wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:37 am Any update on this? Will it ever be fixed?
Since you linked to the WIN-620 discussion, you may be referring to the navigation mode switch to "target camera".

The switch is by design: if the view is orthogonal, a camera cannot move around the scene. In other words, "moving around" a scene requires the view to be set to perspective. If the view is non-rotatable, then the SpaceMouse can pan and zoom the scene.

If you wish to confirm, check the view properties and confirm the view is set to perspective. If you are running a command that switches the view from perspective to orthogonal and then you touch the SpaceMouse, then the navigation mode will switch automatically to "target camera".