LCD screen on SpaceMouse Enterprise not working?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Japi

LCD screen on SpaceMouse Enterprise not working?

Post by Japi »

Hey,

Has anybody else encountered a problem with the SpaceMouse Enterprise on Mac, that the LCD screen on the SpaceMouse isnt working? The screen just shows "SpaceMouse Entreprise" text all the time (so I cant see the button configurations for the Buttons 1-12 that I usually see there). I'm running Mojave (10.14.6). And I have installed the latest drivers (10.6.5). And I also tried to uninstall and install the drivers again, but that didnt help also. Or when I uninstall the drivers, should I remove also some other files manually? (If the unistaller doesnt remove all the settings from the computer)

I tried the SpaceMouse on a Windows machine briefly, and there the LCD screen works (or the LCD screen doesnt get stuck with the "SpaceMouse Entreprise" -text).
UtaSH

Re: LCD screen on SpaceMouse Enterprise not working?

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Japi,

we apologize the trouble you encounter. We are aware of this issue and are tracking it with our internal bug number MAC-188. This issue will be fixed in our next driver release for the mac. Unfortunately I cannot give a release date but you will find the latest driver here.
Japi

Post by Japi »

Thanks for the info! Good that the problem is already a known issue. Hopefully the new driver will be released quickly
vlxjim

Post by vlxjim »

Thats Great! I have been pulling my hair out and even bought a new SM Enterprise only to find out it a bug. Nice!! Please fix this ASAP. My company uses these with our CAD software. And right now we are creating and changing over current designs to manufacture equipment that kills COVID-19.

Thanks,
Jim
vlxjim

Post by vlxjim »

This is a major Bug on your top space mouse. I know that you guys over at 3Dconnexion would love to bundle this fix with a bunch of add-ons and other things. But this is not acceptable. You have known about this for months now. We need a fix now...
TheOz

Post by TheOz »

UtaSH wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:30 am Hi Japi,

we apologize the trouble you encounter. We are aware of this issue and are tracking it with our internal bug number MAC-188. This issue will be fixed in our next driver release for the mac. Unfortunately I cannot give a release date but you will find the latest driver here.
I just got the SME today and after trying to figure out why the logo would not go away and show the app icons, I searched the internet for this issue. Glad it is logged as a bug but upon looking at the time stamp of when the problem reported and acknowledged, why hasn’t a fix been put out yet?
TheOz

Post by TheOz »

Any update on a fix for this? I also just purchased a SME and the LCD screen only shows the logo.
kleinnagelvoort

Post by kleinnagelvoort »

Same issue here, working with VMWare. Spacemouse is working as intended but display shows "Spacemouse Enterprise"
MarqueIV

Post by MarqueIV »

Really frustrated by this. I just purchased one to replace my other unit, specifically paying the premium for that feature, and this is what my first experience with the new flagship is? I can only imagine it's worse for customers who have been subjected to this issue for this long now.

I also agree with the other posters who say this should be a top priority of 3DConnexion and should not wait for a 'bulk' of other fixes to go along with it. This is mission-critical. This is like buying a car and them accidentally strapping a board over the windshield so you can't see. You don't wait to also fix the loose gas-cap. You remove the da*n board now!!

The fact this driver has been out since March 12th, more than three months ago--literally 100 days as of midnight tonight--without this being addressed, in a flagship product, is definitely concerning.

At a *minimum* you should be being more transparent on what the status of this is. Saying it's 'known' doesn't say if it's almost fixed, or whether something critical happened that broke it completely in regards to macOS. Even without a date, it would help us know you too consider this a priority by giving us some status.
MarqueIV

Post by MarqueIV »

Not sure this is the best solution, but it is *a* solution. Simply install the legacy 10.6.4 and the displays start working again. I didn't uninstall 10.6.5. Just installed 10.6.4 over it and it seems to be better. Still can't get the custom views to work with F360 tho.
MarqueIV

Post by MarqueIV »

Just did a little more digging with my old SpacePilot Pro. The driver 10.6.5 borks the display on that unit as well. 10.6.4 works there too.

Simply put, 10.6.5 breaks the displays on units that have them.

You guys should *really* consider pulling 10.6.5, or at least marking it as 'beta', not 'current' and make 10.6.4 the current one. That would tell people unless there is a *specific* reason to upgrade to 10.6.5 (e.g. some critical issue that they have no choice but to accept, knowing that the 'fix' will also break the display) you should be using 10.6.4.
Autonomous

Post by Autonomous »

This device is you premium product. Yet its main differentiator no longer works. Fix the issue....
iso

Post by iso »

It's quite a shame that there hasn't been a driver update yet... OP was from April and it's the end of June now. I hope it comes soon; I love using it and it would be so much better to have it working as intended. (I'm using the wired versions of the SME and CadMouse on a 2019 16" MBP, 10.15.5)

Fingers crossed there are fixes as well for keystroke mapping (endlessly repeats instead of triggering) and kernel panics during sleep (if SME is left plugged in, sometimes a kernel panic causes the computer to crash.)
Doodle Man

Post by Doodle Man »

This is ABSURD guys... Come on, if you are too lazy to fix a blatant issue, at least warn Mac users not to buy the Enterprise. I just got mine and I am utterly disappointed. Why fork the extra cash on a feature that doesn't work?

Please get your s*** together.
Japi

Post by Japi »

UtaSH wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:30 am Hi Japi,

Any news about the fix? Or estimate when the fix will arrive? It has been already over 3 months..