3DS Max move locked camera

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

ikonoform

Re: 3DS Max move locked camera

Post by ikonoform »

ngomes wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:38 am Hi vinigor,
vinigor wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:30 pm I found another interesting bug. It happens with not locked cameras when automatic vertical tilt correction is on. It even happens when the driver is stopped. Only uninstalling helps.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jA-70 ... L3HvN3pGT7
We're tracking this as WIN-621 and the fix is expected to be delivered in v. 10.6.6 of 3DxWare 10 by mid-April.
Very much looking forward to this as it is driving me crazy! I'm checking the driver section daily in hopes of the update as I figured this is now mid-april :wink: do you have an update if we can still expect it one of these days?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi ikonoform,
ikonoform wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:07 am Very much looking forward to this as it is driving me crazy! I'm checking the driver section daily in hopes of the update as I figured this is now mid-april :wink: do you have an update if we can still expect it one of these days?
We're a bit late than we originally projected. Sorry about that.

We expect 10.6.6 to be published earlier next week (by April 22).
ikonoform

Post by ikonoform »

Great service with a quick reply and update. Thank you for that ngomes! Looking forward to the coming week :)
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Version 10.6.6 was published earlier today, April 20. You may download the software from here.

Our thanks to all of you who have assisted us in getting this issue addressed.
ikonoform

Post by ikonoform »

ngomes wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:07 pm Version 10.6.6 was published earlier today, April 20. You may download the software from here.

Fantastic! I reverted back to 10.6.0 as someone mentioned that one to not have the vertical tilt issue, but now when I try to uninstall that (to install 10.6.6) i get this error (via the add/remove program feature on windows 10):

https://imgur.com/a/jXW3dHk
ikonoform

Post by ikonoform »

ngomes wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:07 pm Version 10.6.6 was published earlier today, April 20. You may download the software from here.

Fantastic! I reverted back to 10.6.0 as someone mentioned that one to not have the vertical tilt issue, but now when I try to uninstall that (to install 10.6.6) i get this error (via the add/remove program feature on windows 10):

ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi ikonoform,
ikonoform wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:49 pm Fantastic! I reverted back to 10.6.0 as someone mentioned that one to not have the vertical tilt issue, but now when I try to uninstall that (to install 10.6.6) i get this error (via the add/remove program feature on windows 10):

https://imgur.com/a/jXW3dHk
Looks like the old installer engine was removed from the system. Try re-running the 10.6.0 installation again (I think the installer is available in the "archive" if you need to download it). After installation or repairing 10.6.0, reboot and then try to uninstall.
ikonoform

Post by ikonoform »

Thanks again for the quick reply. Yes I managed to sort it by first installing 10.6.5, then I could uninstall that one and then move on to 10.6.6 :)

I hear some are still having the vertical tilt issue on camera when they click in the viewport, but I can't recreate it by just interacting with the viewport as in the older driver versions. It might happen later as it was a bug that (for me) happened randomly, but often. Will let you know how goes.

But I can recreate the bug if I have automatic vertical tilt enabled (both on phys and corona cam) and I move the spacemouse. Some times you need to disable and then reenable the auto tilt function, move spacemouse again and it goes all bonkers - what does seem to be fixed is, that now I am able to ctrl+z the move and often it reverts back to an okay state. Sometimes not.

It is a bit weird as if I use 3ds max's own camera orbiting/panning tools none of this happens.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

ikonoform wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:38 am But I can recreate the bug if I have automatic vertical tilt enabled (both on phys and corona cam) and I move the spacemouse. Some times you need to disable and then reenable the auto tilt function, move spacemouse again and it goes all bonkers - what does seem to be fixed is, that now I am able to ctrl+z the move and often it reverts back to an okay state. Sometimes not.
This appears to be an issue reported by vinigor in mid-February. It isn't WIN-621.

We're looking into it.
vinigor

Post by vinigor »

Bug doesn't happen if camera is in target mode, and target and camera are both locked.
Also bug doesn't happen if Auto mode for Rotation center is turned off, even with unlocked camera. But if you move the camera in this mode, some kind of madness will happen.
russ1669

unable to update driver

Post by russ1669 »

Hi, I had a similar problem with not being able to load the latest drivers. After much searching I found this thread which mentioned repairing my old version 10.4.10. Once this was completed, Add remove programs allowed me to remove the old version.
Thankyou for the advice.

Russ
luping

Post by luping »

vinigor wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:23 am Bug doesn't happen if camera is in target mode, and target and camera are both locked.
Also bug doesn't happen if Auto mode for Rotation center is turned off, even with unlocked camera. But if you move the camera in this mode, some kind of madness will happen.
Try v10.6.7 to see if the bug is fixed.
vinigor

Post by vinigor »

luping wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:55 am Try v10.6.7 to see if the bug is fixed.
Bug has changed a little, but still here
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi vinigor,
vinigor wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:23 am Bug doesn't happen if camera is in target mode, and target and camera are both locked.
I think this may be WIN-655 ("Navigation uncontrollable with 'Auto Vertical Tilt Correction'"). We're looking into it.
vinigor wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:37 am
luping wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:55 am Try v10.6.7 to see if the bug is fixed.
Bug has changed a little, but still here
Version 10.6.7 does not include a fix for WIN-655.
alexmarks3d

Post by alexmarks3d »

This bug still annoys me to this day. It is slightly better than the previous version, but still present and incredibly frustrating.

Currently using the drivers from 1-2 years ago.