SketchUp 2020 and Enscape 3d

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

4interiors

SketchUp 2020 and Enscape 3d

Post by 4interiors »

Hi to all, I have tried the new drivers 10.6.6 to see if they solve a problem that has been going on for a year. I use my Space Pilot Pro with Sketchup pro 2020 and Enscape 3d integrated in SketchUp. The latest driver working for me (but also for other SketchUp / Enscape users) is 10.5.15. From version 10.6.xx onwards there is the problem that going from SketchUp to Enscape and back the device freezes and you have to close the programs and reopen them if not even restart the pc. Note that up to the working version, the wording "Trimble Sketchup" remained on the display even when switching to Enscape and back, from 10.6 the wording changes to "Enscape 3d" and thus freezes even when returning to SketchUp. To date I have solved by uninstalling version 10.6.xx, installing old drivers (which do not recognize SketchUp 2020) and physically copying files from SketchUp 2019 to 2020. Today after uninstalling the old drivers and installing 10.6.6 the situation is is aggravated. The Space Pilot worked in SketchUp only with Zoom and Pan, no type of rotation, I tried in every way from the settings but nothing done. Turning to Enscape worked the rotation and the various movements but on returning to Sketchup it stopped until Enscape was turned off and returned to malfunction (only zoom and pan). I thought: no problem, I uninstall and use the old drivers. Too bad that the new installer had left a trace in Windows and I had to delete all 3dconnexion files and folders from the C disk to restore with the old drivers. I hope this situation is seen by those who can solve the problem. Thanks for your attention.
jwick

Re: SketchUp 2020 and Enscape 3d

Post by jwick »

Sorry. We don't have a good solution for Enscape at this time.
I'll work with you off-line to try to come up for something for you.
PM sent.
GD3Design

Post by GD3Design »

My spacemouse isn't working in Sketchup 2020 either. Any news on this?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi GD3Design,

did you upgrade to SketchUp 2020 recently? Make sure you install the driver after you install SketchUp. Or just try if a repair installation of the driver would fix the problem.

After that check if the 3DxSketchUp extension is loaded in SketchUp. Go to SketchUp -> Window -> Preferences -> Extensions. You should have an entry "3DxSkwetchUp" and it should be enabled.
GD3Design

Post by GD3Design »

I uninstalled 3Dconnexion drivers and installed the latest update. things are working great. For the 1st time ever I can use the space mouse in sketchup & Enscape at the same time! Very happy.....Great job y'all! :)
4interiors

Post by 4interiors »

GD3Design wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:46 am I uninstalled 3Dconnexion drivers and installed the latest update. things are working great. For the 1st time ever I can use the space mouse in sketchup & Enscape at the same time! Very happy.....Great job y'all! :)
What model do you own?, Thanks
4interiors

Post by 4interiors »

GD3Design wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:46 am I uninstalled 3Dconnexion drivers and installed the latest update. things are working great. For the 1st time ever I can use the space mouse in sketchup & Enscape at the same time! Very happy.....Great job y'all! :)
What model do you own?, Thanks
michaelplogue

Post by michaelplogue »

So, this is not working for me. I've got Sketchup Pro 2020 with the latest version of Enscape, and the SpaceMouse Enterprise. The Spacemouse works fine with just Sketchup running, but once I open up Enscape from within Sketchup, the Spacemouse no longer works. The LCD screen indicates it's detecting Enscape (with the Sketchup Icon), but all thats showing for the buttons are the generic copy/paste, etc options.

Have y'all come up with a solution for this yet?
4interiors

Post by 4interiors »

michaelplogue wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:33 pm So, this is not working for me. I've got Sketchup Pro 2020 with the latest version of Enscape, and the SpaceMouse Enterprise. The Spacemouse works fine with just Sketchup running, but once I open up Enscape from within Sketchup, the Spacemouse no longer works. The LCD screen indicates it's detecting Enscape (with the Sketchup Icon), but all thats showing for the buttons are the generic copy/paste, etc options.

Have y'all come up with a solution for this yet?
The 10.6.8 drivers are out but I have not tried them. I doubt, however, that they work, if you want to try them, thank you !!! I own a Space pilot pro and an Enterprise and the problem is the same. Currently the only working solution is to remove the drivers and clean the system from 3dconnexion files and folders. After doing this you need to install the drivers 10.5.15 which are the last working ones. These however do not recognize SketchUp 2020 so you must have 2019 installed and copy 3DxSketchUp.rb and 3DxSketchUp folder from C: Program data - SketchUp - SketchUp 2019 - Plugins to the same path on 2020.
jwick

Post by jwick »

10.6.8 does not address the Enscape issue.
4interiors

Post by 4interiors »

Hi, has anyone tried the new 10.6.9 drivers? Do they solve the problem with Enscape? Thank you
4interiors

Post by 4interiors »

And here we are with the usual problem of 3Dconnexion drivers (10.5.15) that we used in SkerchUp 2020 by copying them from SketchUp 2019. We were satisfied with this solution given the nothing done by the companies concerned. Now SketchUp 2021 is out and our beloved and trusted old drivers don't work on this version. Surely 3Dconnexion will release a new version compatible with SketchUp 2021 but they will almost certainly not be compatible in conjunction with Enscape. I hope to be amazed !! If anyone has a solution, thank you right now !! I point out that Enscape works and also the 3Dconnexion peripheral works on the Enscape screen, on SketchUp nothing works, from error loading necessary files. Thanks for your attention .......... I hope!
luping

Post by luping »

4interiors wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:03 am And here we are with the usual problem of 3Dconnexion drivers (10.5.15) that we used in SkerchUp 2020 by copying them from SketchUp 2019. We were satisfied with this solution given the nothing done by the companies concerned. Now SketchUp 2021 is out and our beloved and trusted old drivers don't work on this version. Surely 3Dconnexion will release a new version compatible with SketchUp 2021 but they will almost certainly not be compatible in conjunction with Enscape. I hope to be amazed !! If anyone has a solution, thank you right now !! I point out that Enscape works and also the 3Dconnexion peripheral works on the Enscape screen, on SketchUp nothing works, from error loading necessary files. Thanks for your attention .......... I hope!
Downgrade back to SU 2020 before there's the new 3DxWare driver for SU 2021. Is there some work you must get it done with SU 2021 rather than with SU 2020?
4interiors

Post by 4interiors »

luping wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:48 pm
4interiors wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:03 am And here we are with the usual problem of 3Dconnexion drivers (10.5.15) that we used in SkerchUp 2020 by copying them from SketchUp 2019. We were satisfied with this solution given the nothing done by the companies concerned. Now SketchUp 2021 is out and our beloved and trusted old drivers don't work on this version. Surely 3Dconnexion will release a new version compatible with SketchUp 2021 but they will almost certainly not be compatible in conjunction with Enscape. I hope to be amazed !! If anyone has a solution, thank you right now !! I point out that Enscape works and also the 3Dconnexion peripheral works on the Enscape screen, on SketchUp nothing works, from error loading necessary files. Thanks for your attention .......... I hope!
Downgrade back to SU 2020 before there's the new 3DxWare driver for SU 2021. Is there some work you must get it done with SU 2021 rather than with SU 2020?

Maybe I haven't explained myself well, I'm working with SU 2020 and Enscape 3d which is a rendering engine integrated in SU. The problem is that the last working drivers to be able to use these software are the 10.5.15 of April 2019. Already at the transition from SU 2019 to 2020 there was the need to physically copy the drivers installed in SU 2019 in the SU 2020 folder because the installation did not recognize SU 2020. Now this handcrafted solution does not work with SU 2021 and any drivers from 10.6.xx onwards malfunction and freeze SketchUp. I hope and I repeat I hope that the drivers that will be released solve this problem but I fear, as has happened in this long period of time, that nobody cares. They also advised me to change my Space pilot pro to the Enterprise telling me that in the latest models the electronics changed completely and that probably the new drivers did not work well with the old one. Which I did even though the Pilot pro still worked perfectly. Result: nothing done, same problem. It seems impossible to me that 2 software and hardware manufacturers fail to collaborate for this solution.
luping

Post by luping »

4interiors wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:12 am
luping wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:48 pm
Maybe I haven't explained myself well, I'm working with SU 2020 and Enscape 3d which is a rendering engine integrated in SU. The problem is that the last working drivers to be able to use these software are the 10.5.15 of April 2019. Already at the transition from SU 2019 to 2020 there was the need to physically copy the drivers installed in SU 2019 in the SU 2020 folder because the installation did not recognize SU 2020. Now this handcrafted solution does not work with SU 2021 and any drivers from 10.6.xx onwards malfunction and freeze SketchUp. I hope and I repeat I hope that the drivers that will be released solve this problem but I fear, as has happened in this long period of time, that nobody cares. They also advised me to change my Space pilot pro to the Enterprise telling me that in the latest models the electronics changed completely and that probably the new drivers did not work well with the old one. Which I did even though the Pilot pro still worked perfectly. Result: nothing done, same problem. It seems impossible to me that 2 software and hardware manufacturers fail to collaborate for this solution.
The problem is rather simple, 3Dconnexion doesn't have enough driver developers to cover all plug-ins/add-ins/add-ons for all the CAD/CAM/CAE/GIS/DCG applications, it's always a race between new version of applications and corresponding drivers, lots of improbability issues. Some bugs don't get fixed over the past several years...