Cadmouse pro wireless button allocation in fusion 360

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Aaronbott

Cadmouse pro wireless button allocation in fusion 360

Post by Aaronbott »

Hi,
I use the above mouse in mac and windows versions of fusion 360 bu there are differences between what you can allocate the buttons to. I have the mouse configured on the mac so that the forward button goes to home and the back button goes to fit. There are no options on the windows version to do this.
From a UX and usability point of view this is very frustrating as you have to learn the buttons each time you switch machines - not great at all

So can someone from 3d connexion's give me some light on whats going on with this ?

Thanks

Aaron
aalsalihi

Re: Cadmouse pro wireless button allocation in fusion 360

Post by aalsalihi »

Hi Aaronbott,

Thanks for your post. To customize/adjust the setting for the buttons you need to access our setting UI for making those changes.
Please follow the steps below then test it after (On Windows):

- Open 3Dconnexion Home
- Click on Settings
- Make sure the device is selected
- Make sure the application name is listed on the top of our setting window (Our UI detect applications by the click, meaning if you want Fusion360 to be displayed on the top of our setting window to configure its settings then you need to click on Fusion360 then click back on our setting window)
- The Advanced Setting will allow you to adjust the axes, zoom direction etc
- The Buttons allow you to assign and customize function. Please click on Buttons
- Under Buttons, you should see the 5 customizable buttons and the forward/backward should be there
- Beside each button there's a right arrows ">", click on it and you will see multiple folders with functions
- On top of the list of folders there's a search bar, you could search for example Fit and it will show up below. One you click on it, then it will automatically assign it to the button.
- If the function is not showing and you know its keystrokes then you could create a Macro by clicking on the Macro folder in the list and click on "New Macro" which will allow you to create a name and the keystrokes for it.

If you have anything questions then please don't hesitate to reach back.

Regards,
Abdul. A
Aaronbott

Re: Cadmouse pro wireless button allocation in fusion 360

Post by Aaronbott »

I have already done this and this is where the differences are:
when you click on the ">" and get the multiple folders, on the Mac you get a folder that is "Application" but you do not get this in windows. this is where there are specific commands for Fusion 360. These are the commands I need on the windows version.