Kernel panic on 2019 Mac Pro with USB Space Mouse Compact

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

macbates

Kernel panic on 2019 Mac Pro with USB Space Mouse Compact

Post by macbates »

I have a 2019 Mac Pro running Catalina (10.15.6), and if the Space Mouse Compact is connected, I experience kernel panics on an intermittent but recurring basis (every 1-3 days). If I unplug the Space Mouse USB cord the kernel panics stop, so it’s definitely associated with the Space Mouse being plugged in. I’m guessing that it’s probably a driver issue that only occurs when the Space Mouse is connected, and may also only occur on Catalina. Support turned the problem over to their Tier 2 support team, but I haven’t heard anything from them, so it’s a little frustrating.

Anyone out there running the Space Mouse Compact (USB) on Catalina? Also, is anyone running Catalina with the wireless version? It may be a USB issue with the driver, in which case I can try to lobby for an exchange.

Thanks in advance for any help,

- Ken
UtaSH

Re: Kernel panic on 2019 Mac Pro with USB Space Mouse Compact

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Ken,

I apologize that you haven't yet heard back from our team. This is a new report like this and we first wanted to discuss internally. We will come back to you today.
jackrimonious

Post by jackrimonious »

This is not a new report, I reported this two weeks ago. https://forum.3dconnexion.com/viewtopic ... 23&t=39546
macbates

Post by macbates »

Thanks for the additional information. Based on this, it definitely sounds like a Catalina issue (as opposed to a Mac Pro one, which had me worried). No issue when connected to my Mac Book Pro running Mojave; only on Catalina. It also happens if I kill the 3DConnexion processes (seen in Activity Monitor) but leave the driver (kext) running and the Space mouse still connected. No problem with the Space Mouse disconnected and the driver, 3D processes, and kext loaded, so it really points to a driver issue under Catalina.