3DxWare stopped unexpectedly

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

smythd

3DxWare stopped unexpectedly

Post by smythd »

I had a borrowed spacemouse notebook running on my computer with no problems. I had to return it back to work and I just purchased my own Spacemouse Compact. I plugged in my new spacemouse and installed the latest driver 10.6.9 just downloaded from the website and now when I run "Start 3DxWare" the blue light comes on for a few seconds and then it goes out and the message "3DxWare stopped unexpectedly". I've tried uninstalling and cleaning out the registry, manually deleting all 3DxConnection folders, rebooting and installing again with no success. Can someone help me get my new SpaceMouse Compact running? Thank you
smythd

Re: 3DxWare stopped unexpectedly

Post by smythd »

Ok, I have this fixed now.

Here is what the problem was...I phoned 3DConnexion for support..best I've ever had and they fixed it.

The 10.6.9 driver does not support Solidworks correctly.

You need to:

1. Uninstall the 10.6.9 driver
2. Reboot your computer
3. Delete c:\Program Files\3DConnexion folder
4. Go to c:\users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming and delete the 3Dconnexion folder
5. Go to C:\users\USERNAME\AppData\Local and delete the 3Dconnexion folder
6. Backup your registry
7. GoTo Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software and delete the 3Dconnexion folder
8. Reboot your computer
9. Goto the 3DConnexion website
10. Select Software at the top
11. Select 3DxWare 10 image the top
12. Select "Download now" blue button
13. Under Driver Archive select "Search in the Driver Archive"
14. Select your SpaceMouse
15. Locate the proper driver with version 10.6.4
16. Download version 10.6.4
17. Install version 10.6.4
18. Reboot your computer
19. Try Solidworks

If it still does not work, phone direct for tech support at 475-282-1723

Good Luck!
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi smythd,

I am happy to hear that our Technical Support team was able to solve your problem. But I would like to point out that our current driver does support SolidWorks correctly! You should be able to use the latest driver unless you have a quite old version of SolidWorks?
smythd

Post by smythd »

You can find the details of my call under case # 113101.

Thank you
smythd

Post by smythd »

Here is some additional information about my system that may help.

I am running Solidworks 2020 SP04, so the latest available.

However my system was purchased in 2011 and in that time it has been upgraded for new SSD, additional RAM, new video card and OS up to windows 10 Pro x64, etc.

I upgraded from Solidworks 2011 to Solidworks 2012, etc. each and every year up to this year, and it is certainly possible that some remnants of the previous versions are still on my system somewhere.

I did already have a SpaceMouse Notebook running on my system (working with Solidworks 2020 SP04) with no problems, but that SpaceMouse belonged to someone else, so returned it and purchased my own Spacemouse Compact that did not work on my system.

So, while the older driver worked with the notebook mouse, the newer driver would not work with the Compact mouse, probably due to old remnants of Solidworks files from previous installations over the past 9 years. (you mentioned about older Solidworks software above)

Anyway, it all got sorted out. It is a great 3D mouse and I had terrific support. Thanks again for all of your help.