Pan U/D and Roll assigned to same rotation cap movement

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

davidben

Pan U/D and Roll assigned to same rotation cap movement

Post by davidben »

Hi,

I've been using this 3D connexion mouse for a year and it worked fine and suddenly this morning the roll (tilting the cap left and right to rotation on the z axis) is suddenly associated to the Pan U/D motion (pressing and pulling the cap). So when i press/pull the cap, the model tilts left/right at the same time as moving up and down ( 1 mouse movement results in 2 model movement). The roll movement is not assigned to any movement anymore.

This problem happens in all the programs i have been using for a while. I have tried to reset all configurations and updated the driver to the most recent one. I have deleted all config files in AppData\Roaming\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg but the problem persists. This problem even happens in the 3Dconnexion trainer where you move the tea pot.

Any idea where the problem is coming from?

Thank you,

David
UtaSH

Re: Pan U/D and Roll assigned to same rotation cap movement

Post by UtaSH »

Hi davidben,

sounds like there is a problem with the device itself. :( I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team. They can do the necessary troubleshooting and will - if applicable - start the replacement process for you.