back and forward mouse button emulation

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

mrboni

back and forward mouse button emulation

Post by mrboni »

I've tried these mappings in Explorer and Chrome and they don't do anything. I'd expet them to navigate backwards and forwards like the equivalent buttons on the mouse.
ngomes

Re: back and forward mouse button emulation

Post by ngomes »

Hi mrboni,
mrboni wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:59 am I've tried these mappings in Explorer and Chrome and they don't do anything. I'd expet them to navigate backwards and forwards like the equivalent buttons on the mouse.
Not sure what you mean exactly. Are you using a CadMouse or a SpaceMouse? What button are you pressing?
Nuno Gomes
mrboni

Post by mrboni »

I have a Space Pilot

Using the 3dConnexion properties tool I've tried setting a custom mapping of the SP buttons to the emulation of the back / forward buttons on a normal mouse. I do this same mapping on my Wacom tablet and it lets me navigate back & forwards in apps like Chrome and Explorer. These mappings on the Space Pilot do nothing
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

mrboni wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:53 am I have a Space Pilot

Using the 3dConnexion properties tool I've tried setting a custom mapping of the SP buttons to the emulation of the back / forward buttons on a normal mouse.
Got it.

There is indeed a limitation: the "Forward Mouse Button" and "Backward Mouse Button" actions do not work on 3D mouse devices (such as the SpaceMouse Pro and SpacePilot). They will work as expected on the CadMouse range of devices.
Nuno Gomes
mrboni

Post by mrboni »

oh thats a shame. thanks for letting me know