Spacemouse and CADmouse won't install together

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

macman

Spacemouse and CADmouse won't install together

Post by macman »

Hi, Recently purchased a Spacemouse and CADmouse boxed set. Installed on a MacBook running Catalina I can’t get both to operate together. Best I can do is get the Spacemouse working and the CADmouse with only the pointer moving but no button clicks. If I install either just the Spacemouse or CADmouse by themselves they each work but not together. The same setup installed in Windows 10 works fine and installed easily.

Wondering if anyone else is having the same problem on the Mac and if so of any know solution?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.
macman

Re: Spacemouse and CADmouse won't install together

Post by macman »

Finally got the Spacemouse and CADmouse to install. At least for the moment anyway.

After multiple installs/uninstalls I noticed that the CADmouse seemed to automatically install but didn't work.I went into applications/3Dconnexion/ Pairing and removed it. Then reinstalled the CADmouse (Without the Spacemouse installed) The CADmouse worked as always by itself. I then installed the Spacemouse (The software recognising it this time with the CADmouse installed) and it now worked also. Amazingly the CADmouse was still working too.

I now seem to be able to remove and install them both and turn them on and off without upsetting anything.

Don't know the cause and weather the issue in the 3Dconnexion app or what but getting this working on the Mac shouldn't be that hard.
What i'm seeing is many others are having problems so at this stage I'm blaming bugs within the app.