Spacemouse Enterprise and Solidworks

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Appalachianspirit

Spacemouse Enterprise and Solidworks

Post by Appalachianspirit »

I have a Spacemouse Enterprise and recently installed the the newest 3dware. I also installed the new 2020-2021 Solidworks Educational Edition. Prior to doing this everything worked fine. After installing these, the Spacemouse stopped working. The LCD screen just shows the Spacemouse logo. Prior I had all the buttons mapped out. I exported the button configuration, reset the settings and reboot the computer. After reboot, I opened Solidworks and the Spacemouse was doing the same thing, nothing. Keep in mind I still haven't imported my old settings cause I figure if I can get it to work stock, I should be able to just import my button configuration and be fine. So, I look around and someone mentioned in a post that it could be a permissions issue so I went into task manager and checked to see what 3dware and solidworks permissions were and neither were on elevated so it's not that. I have no idea what to do. I have repeated this process several times now. It's frustrating. Suggestions? I spend more time troubleshooting this thing than I do using it.
UtaSH

Re: Spacemouse Enterprise and Solidworks

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Appalachianspirit,

this FAQ might help.
luping

Post by luping »

Appalachianspirit wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:27 pm I have a Spacemouse Enterprise and recently installed the the newest 3dware. I also installed the new 2020-2021 Solidworks Educational Edition. Prior to doing this everything worked fine. After installing these, the Spacemouse stopped working. The LCD screen just shows the Spacemouse logo. Prior I had all the buttons mapped out. I exported the button configuration, reset the settings and reboot the computer. After reboot, I opened Solidworks and the Spacemouse was doing the same thing, nothing. Keep in mind I still haven't imported my old settings cause I figure if I can get it to work stock, I should be able to just import my button configuration and be fine. So, I look around and someone mentioned in a post that it could be a permissions issue so I went into task manager and checked to see what 3dware and solidworks permissions were and neither were on elevated so it's not that. I have no idea what to do. I have repeated this process several times now. It's frustrating. Suggestions? I spend more time troubleshooting this thing than I do using it.
Keyboards Win+R buttons, run secpol.msc with administrative privileges, go to Local Policies/Security Options/User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode, double-click and change to Disabled., click Apply and OK. Restart your PC.
Appalachianspirit

Post by Appalachianspirit »

Utash, I already went through that when it was first suggested.

Luming, I tried your fix still nothing.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Appalachianspirit,

I suggest that contact our Technical Support Team.
luping

Post by luping »

Appalachianspirit wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:50 pm Utash, I already went through that when it was first suggested.

Before you begin to install 3DxWare driver, making sure that you have got SolidWorks software installed at first, there's an add-in(TDxSW64.dll) for Solidworks to be installed alongside the installation of 3DxWare, so when you start SolidWorks, the 3Dconnexion add-in should be loaded correctly in order to utilize SpaceMouse Enterprise. Maybe it's the sequence issue.
DimaKorz

Post by DimaKorz »

luping wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:14 am
Appalachianspirit wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:50 pm Utash, I already went through that when it was first suggested.

Before you begin to install 3DxWare driver, making sure that you have got SolidWorks software installed at first, there's an add-in(TDxSW64.dll) for Solidworks to be installed alongside the installation of 3DxWare, so when you start SolidWorks, the 3Dconnexion add-in should be loaded correctly in order to utilize SpaceMouse Enterprise. Maybe it's the sequence issue.
Thank you so much, man! I got the same problem and your advice helped me.