Sketchup 2021 support

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

ajharlan

Sketchup 2021 support

Post by ajharlan »

I just updated to Sketchup 2021 from 2020. I am having no luck with functionality in 2021 except for zoom in and out. (Spacemouse Wireless) I've tried copying files over from C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp2020\SketchUp\Plugins to the equivalent folder in 2021.

Has anyone had any luck with this yet? If not, when might we expect an update from 3Dconnexion? I can't live without my spacemouse!

Cheers,
Andy
luping

Re: Sketchup 2021 support

Post by luping »

Why not downgrade back to Sketchup 2020 before there's a new 3DxWare driver update before Christmas Eve? After all, you claimed that ' I can't live without my spacemouse!'
Matheron

Post by Matheron »

No 3DConnexion 3DXWare drivers seem to work with Windows Sketchup 2021.

We have tried manual migration, i.e. copying extension folders content from the previous Sketchup installation to the new one, which typically works. But now, it fails.

This issue has been confirmed by multiple users. See for example:
https://forums.sketchup.com/t/3d-connex ... 021/142684

Our situation is extra worrisome, since this time, there is no fallback solution.

• What is the expected time frame for a new 3DConnexion 3DXWare driver that officially works with Sketchup 2021?
Mrd

Post by Mrd »

Same here
I would like to see the support come out simultaneous with new releases of Sketckup
Too bad Trimble doesn't coordinate with the other players.
Once you get used to Spacemouse, it's hard to revert back to the other methods

and if I go back to 2020 version it kinda defeats the purpose of Upgrades $$$
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Please get in touch with our Technical Support team. They should be able to sort you out until we release a software update.

Our apologies for the delay. We normally strive to issue the driver updates a few weeks before applications ship but it didn't go to plan this time around.
Nuno Gomes