macOS Big Sur and Monterey - Pre-release Driver Available

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

lbeale

Re: macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Post by lbeale »

Hi,

I use a Cadmouse Compact Wireless and a Spacemouse Wireless. With the beta driver the Cadmouse loses middle button click and click/hold capability in Onshape (Chrome browser) if my computer sleeps. In order to restore functionality, I have to remove the Cadmouse from bluetooth devices, power off, power on, and reconnect.
Zeno

Post by Zeno »

Good Morning

right click, mouse, left click, scrolling are ok with a mouse cad pro wireless and Big Sur

space navigator (old version no wireless) works correctly with you intro software but not with my BIM software (Vectorworks). On 10.15.7 works everything well

Can I do something for my space navigator?

Thanks
jayshay

Post by jayshay »

Hi when will Beta 6 be released? Also, will this restore cinema4D functionality in Big Sur?
Eze

Post by Eze »

I have completely lost all functionality with Big Sur even with latest beta... not a sausage, nothing no control of any kind
RicoHo

Post by RicoHo »

For two years the driver could have been adapted to the new Mc OS. That's how long the new driver structure works in Mac OS. And now here we have this problem because nobody has taken care of it. Why?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

jayshay wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:11 pm Hi when will Beta 6 be released? Also, will this restore cinema4D functionality in Big Sur?
Beta 7 (revision r3274) was posted yesterday, Nov 24. It does not restore functionality in Cinema 4D. That issue is our top priority but we do not yet have an estimate of when it can be resolved.
KlaudioPer

Post by KlaudioPer »

ngomes wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:45 am Hi vlxjim,
vlxjim wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:06 pm The lock button no longer works.
We believe to have fixed the bug with the lock button. The next driver build ("beta 6") will include the fix and we need only to have it confirmed by our customers using the beta driver to close it.

Hi ngomes , I confirm that the new beta has fixed the problem with the lock button. I'm using an SME and testing the beta (3274) on Fusion 360, no problem so far with the lock button.
Besides that, the buttons from 1 to 12 are still NOT working, each of them doesn't respond to the command on the screen.

Thanks
baugestalt

Post by baugestalt »

I just tested the beta driver with Big Sur. My spacemouse compact generally works, but not with all software.

Rhino 5: works
C4D R23: doesn't work
Vectorworks 2021: doesn't work

I'm specifically interested to resolve vectorworks as fast as possible :)
Zeno

Post by Zeno »

Space Navigator don't works with Vectorworks with Beta7

Best regards
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi KlaudioPer,
KlaudioPer wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:23 am I confirm that the new beta has fixed the problem with the lock button. I'm using an SME and testing the beta (3274) on Fusion 360, no problem so far with the lock button.
Thank for you confirming the fix.
Besides that, the buttons from 1 to 12 are still NOT working, each of them doesn't respond to the command on the screen.
Do you see this bug with any application or a specific one?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi baugestalt and Zeno,
baugestalt wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:27 am Rhino 5: works
Zeno wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:40 am Space Navigator don't works with Vectorworks with Beta7
Cinema 4D and Vectorworks not working are known issues and they are our top priority. We believe the underlying issue is the same for both applications.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi Eze,
Eze wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:32 pm I have completely lost all functionality with Big Sur even with latest beta... not a sausage, nothing no control of any kind
Something's amiss. The beta has some features functional. A number of applications work well even if with limitations (the very reason why the software was made available to customers that have installed macOS 11).

If you see nothing of your SpaceMouse, then I suggest that you contact our Technical Support team since they may be able to troubleshoot a total lack of response from the device.
baugestalt

Post by baugestalt »

ngomes wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:44 am Hi baugestalt and Zeno,
baugestalt wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:27 am Rhino 5: works
Zeno wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:40 am Space Navigator don't works with Vectorworks with Beta7
Cinema 4D and Vectorworks not working are known issues and they are our top priority. We believe the underlying issue is the same for both applications.
thank you for the quick feedback, looking forward to using my spacemouse again :).
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

RicoHo wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:33 am For two years the driver could have been adapted to the new Mc OS. That's how long the new driver structure works in Mac OS. And now here we have this problem because nobody has taken care of it. Why?
3Dconnexion was unable to complete the driver for macOS 11 in time for the release of the new system. As mentioned before, we have been working on a solution since WWDC 2019 but we have not yet succeeded.

Why didn't we release the beta driver before? The driver isn't ready yet, obviously enough, and there was no point in asking our customers to test what we know is not even close to be finished.

Why is the beta available now? We decided to release it since customers have begun to transition to macOS 11 and at least some can use their device with a few applications. We believe that's a better approach than locking everything out.
KlaudioPer

Post by KlaudioPer »

ngomes wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:43 am Hi KlaudioPer,
KlaudioPer wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:23 am I confirm that the new beta has fixed the problem with the lock button. I'm using an SME and testing the beta (3274) on Fusion 360, no problem so far with the lock button.
Thank for you confirming the fix.
Do you see this bug with any application or a specific one?
I'm mostly working on Fusion 360 and here I can see this bug