Fix for Big Sur Sketchup yet?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Eze

Fix for Big Sur Sketchup yet?

Post by Eze »

Hi, I am wondering if there is any news on a fix for the 3d connection space mouse not working with Big Sur and sketchup.

Thanks
ngomes

Re: Fix for Big Sur Sketchup yet?

Post by ngomes »

Hi Eze,
Eze wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:08 pm Hi, I am wondering if there is any news on a fix for the 3d connection space mouse not working with Big Sur and sketchup.
SketchUp support was restored in "beta 7" of the new driver (v. 10.7.0), released Nov 23rd. Please refer to this post.
Nuno Gomes
Eze

Post by Eze »

Hi Ngomes, I was curious about the timing to get apple silicon worked out with the space mouse. I have a project that I would very much like to use it for. thanks.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Eze wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:07 pm I was curious about the timing to get apple silicon worked out with the space mouse.
There are a few issues we need to look at before we can begin to release a beta for the M1. The first "universal" is not expected before late January next year. We're working to resolve all major issues still affecting our customers running macOS 11 on Intel and aiming to assign more resources to the M1 after the holidays.
Eze

Post by Eze »

Thanks! I don't know if there is some beta stuff happening somehow, but my SpaceMouse just started working in SketchUp 2021 on my M1 Mac. 😀