Win 10, Photoshop 2020 Plugin not working

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

2Rock

Win 10, Photoshop 2020 Plugin not working

Post by 2Rock »

I received my Spacemouse Compact today, I've been very satisfied with it so far. However, the Photoshop plugin appears to be broken for me. When I start Photoshop, I get a pop up window telling me to assign a shortcut key. I've done so and restarted Photoshop but the window still appears every time. When I close the window and start editing a picture, the Spacemouse can pan around and zoom in and out but it's very choppy and the "adjust brush size" functionality by twisting the Spacemouse doesn't work at all.

A) How do I get the pop up window to stop appearing?

B) How do I fix the choppy movement? (It's not my PC being unable to handle it, zooming via standard mouse is very smooth and I have a powerful PC)

C) How do I get the brush size adjustment by twisting the mouse to work?

Specs:

Photoshop 2020
version: 21.2.4

Win 10 64bit
Ryzen 9 5950x
RTX 3090
128gb 3600mhz RAM
960 Pro m.2 SSD
2Rock

Re: Win 10, Photoshop 2020 Plugin not working

Post by 2Rock »

I finally got the plugin to work by assigning a different hotkey. At first I used the German letter "ö" for it but apparently the plugin doesn't support these kind of foreign symbols. Changed it to something like Shift+Alt+O and now it works.

Zooming is still choppy though...
sm-oconnor

Post by sm-oconnor »

How did you get it to zoom? I'm on Photoshop CC 2018, and I can only get the canvas to pan.
Ideally, you would also be able to control the rotation of the canvas as well.
Phil999

Post by Phil999 »

the Photoshop keyboard shortcut that one has to assign can be a bit tricky to choose when you have different keyboard language layouts. I recommend to choose a Control+letter shortcut, one that is already assigned to Photoshop itself.

If pan is working, but not zoom, maybe there is an axis not activated in the driver settings.
Space Navigator x2, Space Pilot, Space Pilot Pro, SpaceMouse Enterprise