macOS Big Sur and Monterey - Pre-release Driver Available

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

popevideo

Re: macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Post by popevideo »

I'm having issues with Blender as well using Spacemouse Enterprise. On macOS Catalina I was able to map buttons in blender's Keymap preferences using NDOF option to any of the buttons on the Spacemouse Enterprise. Now blender doesn't recognize when I try to map any of the buttons. Modifier keys do not work as well.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

ChargedNeuron wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:08 am Firmware backwards but your tool does not seem to offer that as an option.
SpaceMouse devices types do not require a firmware update to be used on macOS 11. The firmware update is only strictly necessary for the CadMouse (wired) and the CadMouse Wireless.

The issue with the "buttons" not working is likely the same affecting Maya and ZBrush. We're looking into to those.
jsharpe

Post by jsharpe »

I just tried the latest beta driver (r3288) and my SpaceNavigator USB is still not working for Google Earth Pro after upgrading to Big Sur. Since that is the only application I used it for, if there is no hope of it ever working again I'll sell it and get something else.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

simon.djin wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:24 am I also have a Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7 installation on my external SSD, so I did a test with Keyshot 10 demo on this installation and after installing 3DxWare 10.6.6, the Spacemouse works in Keyshot 10.
We believe to have found the issue with KeyShot and it has been reported to Luxion (our reference MAC-276). Apparently, an old library is included in the application bundle instead of using the file in the driver installation. Once Luxion addresses this, functionality is expected to be restored.

Edit (Jan 12): Luxion confirmed the fix will be included in KeyShot v. 10.1. Customers can remove the old library from the application bundle as an interim workaround.
pgtaboada

Post by pgtaboada »

Hi everyone,

I went through this thread (wow), but I could not find anything close to my problem. Software Update went through - I restarted my Mac. The Trainer pops up, nothing happens if I move my 3d connexion pro wireless - well at least not in the app.

The mouse moves very fast around - well it is more jumping somewhere when I try to move the knob.

It is connected through the USB sender connected to a USB-C adapter.

Any help?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi pgtaboada,
pgtaboada wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:16 pm The mouse moves very fast around - well it is more jumping somewhere when I try to move the knob.
When touching the SpaceMouse Pro Wireless (SMPW), do you see the mouse pointer moving? If so, this appears to be a known issue (our reference MAC-269) in "beta 11" and older.

Until this issue is resolved, try using a cable to connect your SMPW instead of relying on the receiver dongle.
JuhaT

Post by JuhaT »

macOS 11.1
Cinema 4D r21
3DxWareMac_v10-7-0_r3288

Swapping 3D Mouse In/Out to Up/Down doesn't seem to do anything?

Also old reverse option was way faster than changing each axis separately only to mimic the same.
CHICKOS

Post by CHICKOS »

When Big Sur was released the 2 year old mouse wasn’t compatible. So I went and bought a new mouse. Even with the beta drive that new mouse still is not working properly.

Months later, does anyone know when your going to get a proper driver out there for your customers?
hursto75

Post by hursto75 »

I just got a space mouse it works on Fusion 360 but on none of the other programs I would like to use it with. When will there be a functional Big Sur driver for this tool??
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

CHICKOS wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:20 am Months later, does anyone know when your going to get a proper driver out there for your customers?
There are two issues we're currently looking at: modifier key emulation (Shift, Control, Config, Cmd) and a performance problem with Google Earther.

For the modifier key emulation, we have an interim solution available now, allowing some functionality but not as fully as in macOS 10.15 and older. We aim to restore this feature at some point but this is likely still months away, not days or weeks.

For Google Earth, we have not yet determine what is causing the performance issue and it seems to be isolated to this application.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

hursto75 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:05 pm I just got a space mouse it works on Fusion 360 but on none of the other programs I would like to use it with.
What other programs?
Ant0ns

Post by Ant0ns »

For the modifier key emulation, we have an interim solution available now, allowing some functionality

Hi @ngomes

Is there a new beta driver ?

if yes - can we get it?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Ant0ns wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:28 am Is there a new beta driver ?

if yes - can we get it?
Please refer to the top post.
Ant0ns

Post by Ant0ns »

ngomes wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:46 am
Ant0ns wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:28 am Is there a new beta driver ?

if yes - can we get it?
Please refer to the top post.
Thank you, i wish i could help you guys fix this issue, but I’m just a regular normal guy :D not a coder.

Good luck
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Ant0ns wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:50 am Thank you, i wish i could help you guys fix this issue, but I’m just a regular normal guy :D not a coder.
You're helping by simply using pre-release software and reporting back issues that you came across. This is very much appreciated.