SpaceMouse Pro wireless Crashing every 3-5 min. A geometry disappears from the viewport. Windows 10.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

samfisher

SpaceMouse Pro wireless Crashing every 3-5 min. A geometry disappears from the viewport. Windows 10.

Post by samfisher »

I have a very big problem with Maya 2018 - 2020 and 3DxWare64 drivers.

1. 3DxWare64_v10-6-4_r3119 - geometry disappear from viewport after save - close - open a file. I see the name of geometry in Outliner but not in a viewport. After uninstalling the driver a geometry is coming back to the viewport.

2. 3DxWare64_v10-7-1_r3280 - geometry never disappear but Maya 2018 - 2020 crushing every 3-5 minutes when I try to use modeling tools like extrude, cut, etc. After uninstalling the driver Maya is stopping crushing.

I have been using Space Mouse for the last three years and it is a big problem for me because I have to back to my shortcuts. It is not good at all because I'm using a lot of different 3D apps like Fusion360 etc.

So, only the solution I found so far that I have to install\uninstall the old driver 3DxWare64_v10-6-4_r3119 during my work which is absolutely unacceptable and takes a lot of my working time to restart my system, etc.

I hope you will fix it in the next driver release.

Best,
Max
claireh

Re: SpaceMouse Pro wireless Crashing every 3-5 min. A geometry disappears from the viewport. Windows 10.

Post by claireh »

Hi Max,

I know we fixed the first issue you mentioned in later versions of the driver. This would explain why you don't see any flashing in 3DxWare 10.7.1. In terms of the crashes, do you have any 3rd party plugins installed? Perhaps a different render engine?

I have heard of crashes happening in the past, but was never able to reproduce the problem myself. I think I might have a solution that will get you back up and running.

I'll send a message with further instructions to the email address associated with your account.
Claire