macOS Big Sur and Monterey - Pre-release Driver Available

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

ngomes

Re: macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Post by ngomes »

marcarch wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:09 am Can someone test this?
Can you suggest a target application so that we can confirm this? Please try with an application that is included with a system installation (like Safari, TextEdit or similar).
The LAR

Post by The LAR »

ngomes wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:13 am
The LAR wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:41 pm I am running on a 13" M1 MacBook Pro with the SpaceMouse [...]. The pairing of the "Universal" Receiver does NOT work with the Mac (as was stated in your notes within your website), so Bluetooth capabilities are not available.
The Universal Receiver (UR) will work fine with SpaceMouse types. The limitation that you noticed on the release notes relates to the CadMouse device types, not SpaceMouse. All wireless CadMouse types have Bluetooth support.
Thanks @ngomes for your answer, but that didn't solve the problem. The 3D SpaceMouse Wireless is not recognized on the M1 MacBook Pro on this end via Bluetooth. Thus far, when I access the Bluetooth area within the System Preferences app, it never shows up. The only way I can get the device to work with the Mac is through a wired connection through my ANKER Docking Station, which has a regular USB 3.0 slot. If the 3D SpaceMouse Wireless can be recognized via Bluetooth on M1 Macs, please let me know, as I haven't seen it yet.

This feature alone (considering IF everything on the device works exactly as it is right now in a wired connection) would help greatly when going away from the office, say, to sit in a library with this device connected via Bluetooth, as it would save on having to carry yet another cord.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

The LAR wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:40 am SpaceMouse Wireless is not recognized on the M1 MacBook Pro on this end via Bluetooth.
The SpaceMouse Wireless device type does not have Bluetooth support. The device can be used wirelessly if paired to a Universal Receiver or, as you pointed out, connected by a cable.
marcarch

Post by marcarch »

ngomes wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:22 am
marcarch wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:09 am Can someone test this?
Can you suggest a target application so that we can confirm this? Please try with an application that is included with a system installation (like Safari, TextEdit or similar).
I’m trying to use this is Safari and Finder, in order to show all open tabs
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

marcarch wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:07 am I’m trying to use this is Safari and Finder, in order to show all open tabs
Seems to work fine.

Note that Safari has a pre-defined configuration. You will need to edit that instead of the "Any Application" configuration.

In other words:
  1. Open the "3Dconnexion" pane in System Preferences.
  2. Change to the "Buttons" tab.
  3. Select the "Safari" configuration.
  4. Select the button to change the assigned action.
  5. In the "Mapping" field, select "Type Keystroke".
  6. Click on the "Keystroke" field, press the backslash key on your keyboard ("\") and tick the "Command" and "Shift" check boxes.
bimawa

Post by bimawa »

Guys, plugins didn't work yet on this driver version?
After update on BigSure this plugin not work anymore
Attachments
CleanShot 2021-09-03 at 09.10.38.png
CleanShot 2021-09-03 at 09.10.38.png (117.83 KiB) Viewed 50191 times
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

bimawa wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:12 pm plugins didn't work yet on this driver version?
Most applications and plugins should work fine but there may be vendors that still need to make corrections to their products.

Perhaps Figma is one such case. I suggest getting in touch with the Figma developers. If they have an issue, 3Dconnexion can assist them to sort it out, just like we have done with other vendors.
marcarch

Post by marcarch »

ngomes wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:42 am
marcarch wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:07 am I’m trying to use this is Safari and Finder, in order to show all open tabs
Seems to work fine.

Note that Safari has a pre-defined configuration. You will need to edit that instead of the "Any Application" configuration.

In other words:
  1. Open the "3Dconnexion" pane in System Preferences.
  2. Change to the "Buttons" tab.
  3. Select the "Safari" configuration.
  4. Select the button to change the assigned action.
  5. In the "Mapping" field, select "Type Keystroke".
  6. Click on the "Keystroke" field, press the backslash key on your keyboard ("\") and tick the "Command" and "Shift" check boxes.
Unfortunately it doesn't work. Nothing happens
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

marcarch wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:31 am Unfortunately it doesn't work. Nothing happens
What layout is your keyboard?
marcarch

Post by marcarch »

ngomes wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:23 am
marcarch wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:31 am Unfortunately it doesn't work. Nothing happens
What layout is your keyboard?
Italian
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

marcarch wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:31 am Italian
Thank you, marcarch. We're looking into it.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

The issue is confirmed and we're tracking with reference MAC-315. We expect to have it fixed in the next beta update (days away).

Thank you for reporting this, marcarch. It was a subtle but important bug in our virtual keyboard code.
marcarch

Post by marcarch »

ngomes wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:51 am
The issue is confirmed and we're tracking with reference MAC-315. We expect to have it fixed in the next beta update (days away).

Thank you for reporting this, marcarch. It was a subtle but important bug in our virtual keyboard code.
Thank you, great to hear this!
Also, please, remember of MAC-281. Really need this to use 3Dx as on Windows
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

marcarch wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:57 am Also, please, remember of MAC-281. Really need this to use 3Dx as on Windows
Just had a quick look at MAC-281. No change. The status is the same as reported here.
bimawa

Post by bimawa »

ngomes wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:29 am
bimawa wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:12 pm plugins didn't work yet on this driver version?
Most applications and plugins should work fine but there may be vendors that still need to make corrections to their products.

Perhaps Figma is one such case. I suggest getting in touch with the Figma developers. If they have an issue, 3Dconnexion can assist them to sort it out, just like we have done with other vendors.
I connected with the developer we try to find whats is wrong.
Here screenshot we try get gamepad id from plugins: