Enter Key

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

sgough

Enter Key

Post by sgough »

I would like to program the "Alt" key on my SpacePilot to the "Enter" key. I am using:
Release Version: 3.4.2
(Driver Version: 6.4.4)
Firmware Version: 3.12.

I am trying to program in the Button Mapping Editor in Inventor 2008. The keyboard keys are not listed in the Commands box even when the "All Commands" Category is selected.
rstadie

Post by rstadie »

Hi sgough,

When I open a sample-file (Assembly) I am able to bind the "Return" function to my Alt-key on the SpacePilot.
What type of file are you opening and in which inventor-context are you while opening the Button mapping editor?
Robert Stadie
sgough

Post by sgough »

Thanks for the reply.

It does not seem to matter what context I am in. I have tried it in assembly, part, drawing, and sketch. I can get the "Return" function to bind to the Alt-key on the SpacePilot. The "Return" that is executed when I do that is the Inventor return function not the Enter-key. I want it to act like the Enter-key.

I have previously had it mapped as the Enter-key but my computer was reformatted when Inventor 2008 was loaded on my machine. I just can not remember or figure out how I did it the last time.

Scott
jwick

Post by jwick »

You may have to go into the 3DxWare GUI (launch it from the Start menu, not the systray) while Inventor is running and assign the Enter key in that GUI.
sgough

Post by sgough »

jwick,

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried it and it does not seem to work. The "Return" function is available there but the "Return Key" is not available. I even tried to program a Macro there as the Return Key but it would not work in Inventor.

While I was in the GUI from the Start menu I looked at the "Any Application" and the "Return Key" is available to assign to the "Alt Key".

Scott
jwick

Post by jwick »

You may have to copy the "return key" line from the default Any Application config file (any.scg) to the Inventor config file (3DxInventor.scg, I think). It will be in the BUTTON_NUMBERS section. Add it to the BUTTON_NUMBERS section of the Inventor file.
sgough

Post by sgough »

jwick,

That worked great. Thanks for the help.

Can that be added to the default Inventor config file for the future by 3dconnexion?

Scott
greenchair

2 cents

Post by greenchair »

I had problems using the spaceball to select.

I programmed a function key to be a mouse click and then activated the
function key through the spaceball.

I was using the click command in autohotkey which worked directly through my keyboard but it did not work via the spaceball.

I had to use the more proper autohotkey command, mouseclick, right and then it worked ok.