cityfly example with different coordinatesystem

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

dieter

cityfly example with different coordinatesystem

Post by dieter »

Hi

I am trying to integrate the spacenavigator into my osg-application based on the cityfly example (SbMotionEvent); the coordinatesystem of my app is x (left), y (into the screen) and z (up) - translation and heading are ok, but when I use pitch, it looks like the order of rotation is wrong.

any hint - how I can match the eye_to_world matrix in the cityfly example to my coordinatesystem ?

thanks

dieter
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hi dieter,

The rotations are calculated in a way that the order doesn't matter (like when using Euler angles).

Make sure you turn off the filters that zero out the axes (comment out that code).

The next thing to check is whether all those minus signs in there are doing what they should do for your coordinate system. Start by taking them all out.

Finally, turn on the Dominant filter in the driver. That will tell you what each axis is doing one at a time, so you can isolate the errant axis.

Of course, you could try just swapping Y and Z when the data comes in from the 3Dx device...

Jim
3Dx Software Development