Non-functional Space Navigator

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

1mecheng

Non-functional Space Navigator

Post by 1mecheng »

I have a Space Navigator that is almost 1 year old.

Today, it did not come on when the computer booted up. Yesterday, I noticed it would lock up AutoCAD 2008 while panning/zooming. I just thought it was an AutoCAD issue. Apparently not.

OK, I try starting the driver manually since it didn't start automatically. No luck.

I delete the old driver (3.5.5) and reinstall the current driver and firmware (3.5.6). No luck.

The blue light inside the Space Navigator does not come on at all. Windows does not notice anything plugged in to the USB port. Demo programs are installed, but do not launch since a 3D mouse is not detected. I am running Win XP Pro with all of the current service packs.

I try a different USB port (it has been continuously plugged into the same USB port on the laptop dock for the last 6 months). No luck. I try all of the USB ports. No good.

Remove USB cable from port. Reboot. Plug in Space Navigator. Device is not recognized.

Try another Space Navigator here at work. The other Space Navigator works fine. Windows recognizes a 3-D mouse is plugged in, and activates the driver. All USB ports on the laptop and the dock check out OK.

1.) What else can I do to get my problematic Space Navigator to try to turn on and be recognized? I'm guessing it's a hardware issue since the other Space Navigator works just fine in the same ports.
2.) It should still be under warranty. What is the RMA procedure to return it and get a replacement or repair?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Dan
2.)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dan M.
Project Engineer / CAD Admin.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Fred

Post by Fred »

Please contact our Technical Support service (E-mail and phone details here).

Please make sure you provide them with an explanation (no device found on Device Manager, pressing buttons down brings device back up, problem follows device). I suggest you to send an E-mail with a link to this topic.