Space Explorer and REVIT

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Sagir

Space Explorer and REVIT

Post by Sagir »

I noticed Space Explorer does not work with Autodesk REVIT Architecture :cry: ... are you guys considering this plataform at all :) ? if so, do you have any idea of when it will be available? :)

thanks
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hello Sagir,

We would love to have REVIT support! Unfortunately they have to make minor changes to REVIT to make it work. They have internally made these changes, but never released them. It is a matter of their internal priorities. We don't have control over their priorities. Only their customers can help them decide how to prioritize their tasks. More and more architectural software packages are adding support for the SpaceNavigator. Hopefully as they see their competition out-pace them, they may reprioritize this development. We'd be happy to help them and, in fact, have offered many times to provide free software development resources to them to help.

Noisy customers such as you are the only way to adjust their priorities. They couldn't care less what we have to say about it.

It really would be an outstanding combination.

Jim
3Dx Software Development
Sagir

Post by Sagir »

Thanks a bunch for your reply! I will start bugging them on this matter I think this mouse is great! besides that I am having alot of trouble with my hand muscles because I use the middle wheel and shift for orbiting in REVIT. some of my coworkers are experiencing the same problem.

thanks though! I will do my part to make some noise and see if they cooperate with this.