Installation of the SPacenavigator-driver via Microsoft SMS

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

KochM

Installation of the SPacenavigator-driver via Microsoft SMS

Post by KochM »

Hello all together,

we have a number of Windows-Workstations with SolidWorks installed. Now i want to install the drivers for the spacenavigator as well. I don't want to do this manually for all workstations (about 50). Is there a possibility to do it automatically with startpatrameters, when i start the setup.exe?

I have unpacked the driverfiles. There are two directories "components" and "components64" and a number of files incl. setup.exe.

I saw that within the components-folders are the single snapins for the different supported systems. And they all are in "msi"-form, which i can easy intergrate in the SMS-Installation. But the driver itselfs is not in this form.

What can i do?

Kind Regards

Manfred Koch
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

(Not a development issue. Moving to Windows Discussion Forum.)

Hi KochM,

It seems that you're half-way through already. Once you have unpacked 3DxSoftware, you'll have a set of MSI installers. All you need to you is select which installers you need and run them.

The installers in the "components64" can only be installed on a x64 operating system. If you're deploying on a Windows XP Pro x64, then you need to install the "3DxWare" driver using the MSI package found in that folder.
Nuno Gomes
KochM

Post by KochM »

Hi Nuno,

sorry for the wrong Forum! :oops:

Your hint works well! I took the "3DxWare" component for general installation and the "3DxSolidWorks" one for the connection to SolidWorks.

All of the 50 Workstations are installed with no manual action. :D

Thank you.

Manfred Koch