SpacemouseDevice dissabling Keyboard in Java?

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

Jarec

SpacemouseDevice dissabling Keyboard in Java?

Post by Jarec »

Hi all, was wondering if anyone can help.

I have a Java3D app that is interacting quite happily with mouse/keyboard or Spacemouse, but not all three at once. Whenever I initialize JNIsiapp I lose almost all input from the mouse and keyboard. The only response that seems to get through is mouse clicks derived from a mouse listener, even mouse over events get lost. Ideally I need to be able to capture mouse events for HUD interaction and support the Spacemouse, keyboard and mouse behaviors for navigation purposes.

Is this a fixable problem or am I going to have to abandon the Spacemouse support?

Currently using JInput for the Spacemouse under Java 6 but Java 5 has the same problem.
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hello Jarec,

I doubt you are losing events. I suspect they are just getting handled in some other place than you expect. You might want to run the SpaceMouse code in a separte thread. Make sure that thread isn't also getting the mouse and keyboard data.

Jim
3Dx Software Development
Jarec

Post by Jarec »

Tried another thread, no difference. Once the Spacemouse driver is loaded Java receives no events from either the Keyboard or Mouse other than mouse click events. Anyway I was using standard Java3D Behaviors so if the only solution is to not use the standard methods of device interaction I would have to say your driver is pretty broken.

Of course the fact that it will only run in the root package makes it of little use anyway as I'm not overly happy about having to use bad code structure just to support the device.