QTVR doesn work with v3.6.4

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

piconut

QTVR doesn work with v3.6.4

Post by piconut »

I'm running release version 3.6.4 with Quicktime 7.4.1 and I can't the SpaceNavigator to work in any QTVR. I tried the QTVR demo, I tried downloading various samples from http://gardengnomesoftware.com/ and they didn't work. I also tried some various QTVRs on found using a Google search. Nothing worked. Otherwise, I've used SpaceNavigator with Sketchup and Google Earth and it works fine.

I contacted tech support and they said that version 3.6.4 was tested with Quicktime 7.1 and so maybe 3DConnexion (or Logitech) needs to update the version of quicktime they're using.

Does anyone have any other ideas for me to try?
rstadie

Post by rstadie »

Hi piconut,

Please run the repair function of 3DxWare:
A) Go to Control Panel - Add or Remove Programs
B) Select "3DConnexion 3DxSoftware" and choose "Change"
C) Select "Repair" and continue with "Next"

After restarting your browser it should work as expected. This may be needed after installing or updating software like QuickTime.
Robert Stadie
piconut

I tried all that but it still doesn't work

Post by piconut »

I tried the steps exactly as you stated and it still doesn't work. I even downloaded the QTVR movie and tried opening it up and didn't work either. They do work with my mouse though. I failed to mention that this is on XP Pro SP2. I even tried rebooting after the "repair".
piconut

i've got part of the problem figured out...

Post by piconut »

When I was clicking on the QTVR demo (under TOOLS) from within the 3Dconnexion Control Panel, it would open up in my default web browser which is Firefox v2. As I said before, the QTVR shows up fine and I can use my regular mouse to manipulate the image, but the SpaceNavigator would not work. I copied the URL and then opened up IE7 and pasted the URL in to the address bar and the SpaceNavigator worked!

So it appears that the QTVR plugin is not compatible with Firefox. Are there plans for FireFox support?
ngomes

Re: i've got part of the problem figured out...

Post by ngomes »

Hi piconut,
So it appears that the QTVR plugin is not compatible with Firefox. Are there plans for FireFox support?
Not at this stage, no.

We did look at Firefox before we launched the product but it was not feasible to support within our time constraints back then.
Nuno Gomes